Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have contacted over 12 Chevy dealerships concerning putting a deposit on a 2008 Corvette Blue Devil. I found only one dealership that would take a deposit ($5,000) and I would be no. 45 on their list. Does anyone know of a dealershipship currently taking Blue Devil deposits?

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
coyote1961 said:
I have contacted over 12 Chevy dealerships concerning putting a deposit on a 2008 Corvette Blue Devil. I found only one dealership that would take a deposit ($5,000) and I would be no. 45 on their list. Does anyone know of a dealershipship currently taking Blue Devil deposits?
I'm #2 on a list from a dealer I purchased my C6 Z06 from. He's not taking deposits though so I am assuming it will be a bidding war. Plus, we saw several dealers who had taken deposits on the C6 Z's for MSRP and when it came down to it they reneged on the price and did a market adjustment.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Heck, if ya need it that bad, it'd be easier just to set up a chevy dealership. I don't like where chevy or the dealers are going with this. Buying a vette still has to be a pleasurable experience. I walk at car dealers all the time. If they continue to aim toward bidding wars and backing out of promises I don't think it's going to have the desired result (to the bottom line at gm).

Just make what the market will bear, charge a fair price, and treat customers like the gold that they are. (so they come back)

·
10,998 Posts
From what I have read the Blue Devil will be a very limited production car. No single dealer will get 45 Blue Devils. So I would look at the fine print to any receipt you got for the $5000. I doubt there is any hard promise that you will get this car. I would guess he is just making profit from the interest on the money that the 45 people have given him.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
panzer said:
I would guess he is just making profit from the interest on the money that the 45 people have given him.
my exact thoughts, too.......and I hope they are fully refundable deposits

1 - 7 of 7 Posts