Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Upwards of 600 HP? So that's less than 100 HP more from a blown LS7 for almost $40K more in price? I dunno... seeme like a lot of opportunity for aftermarket vendors to cash in on upgrades for regular C6 Z06's.

$100K???? :screwy:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
They sure that's not just a "blue C6 Z06" doing laps?

Ater all, they are talking about a "super Z06" when we haven't even heard what the "ordinary Z06" can do.

Besides - you don't only need an extra 100hp to eclipse othercars, better tyres would be the first logical choice.

·
Registered
226 Posts
RC45 said:
They sure that's not just a "blue C6 Z06" doing laps?

Ater all, they are talking about a "super Z06" when we haven't even heard what the "ordinary Z06" can do.

Besides - you don't only need an extra 100hp to eclipse othercars, better tyres would be the first logical choice.
I completely agree. This doesn't sound very likely at all. If it is true then its 2001 all over again...

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Ah hell, I guess I'll be buying another vette. LOL

If they do make one, and it is a different price point as they are saying, I hope they make the body much more distinguishable from the Base and Z06 models.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I will buy it, if its a TT and 2,900 lbs.. I have over $125k in this current ride.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Carbon fiber and a supercharger don't cost $35k. And if "Dave Hill is not a guy who likes playing second fiddle to any high-performance car on the road,” I'd be pretty confident that there is more to it than a little carbon fiber and a blower. And that's why I'm going back to school. And that's why I can stand to drive the stanza just a little bit longer!

And Autoweek needs to buy their reporters a decent watch. Where's our ring time?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Highly unlikely to make it into production

It is very doubtful this car will ever make it to our dealers. The market for a $100,000 Corvette from the factory is miniscule. Sure there will be a handful of guys willing to spend $100k for the Blue Devil, but not enough to warrant production.

Look at the poll on this forum; only 27% (in actuality probably much lower) of the hardcore ZO6 junkies are buying the new ZO6 at a mere $65,000. A $100k production Corvette will fail and GM cannot afford any obvious financial losers.

I see this only as a concept to show off Chevy's abilities to make an American supercar if they wanted to do so and clearly they can.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
221 Posts
andym said:
I completely agree. This doesn't sound very likely at all. If it is true then its 2001 all over again...
No it isn't. 2001 to 2002 represented a small increase in power for about the same amount of money. How is over 100HP, weight reduction, and ~$35k in price increase even related to what happened in 2001-2002?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I already have 650 bhp and spent $105k...thanks for the thoughts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
:D :D :D I love it..."Hey Rice Boy...a turd with a wing...is still a turd!" :D :D

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Lutz said the car may be delayed while the company focuses most of its engineering might on pulling ahead profit-making vehicles like its next-generation large sport/utilities and pickups.

“But there is certainly no lack of desire on anyone’s part to establish the supremacy of the Corvette,” says Lutz.
The above quote says it all.

The below Translation puts in perspective:

"Who wouldn't want to just make sports cars. We need to first make money. This car will never see the light of day."

hehehe

1 - 20 of 74 Posts