Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Blue magic claybar with blue magic lube-I like not washing the car after. Just wipe down each section you do with a nice clean towel.

2) Zaino PC fusion This stuff comes from the zaino gods! I applied it by hand. I was able to reduce about 3-4 scratches on the car. I used it on the entire car, the surface was even slicker then using the claybar, which is pretty hard to do, IMO.

3) Meguires even-coat applicator You get 2 of them for $3. Very nice microfiber and fits your hand well. I used these for the fusion and Z2pro. Finally a Meguires product worth a crap. :thumbs:

4) Zaino Z2 pro and Zaino ZFX

I did about 1.5oz of Z2pro with 3 drops of ZFX. I did 3 coats as I didn't even come close to using it all. I was trying to put it on heavier then I usually do, but still had plenty left over.

I used some zaino Z6 cut 50/50 with water between each coat of Z2pro.

Then I used Menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield for a nice extra slick finish. When this is all gone I will get some Zaino Z8.

Sorry for the indoor pics, it was raining on and off.

Just a reminder of that good ole GM orange peel. The more it shine, the more it shows.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Lookin' good. :thumb: I can't imagine how glassy the paint must feel after all that work. Great job.

How long did the whole process take?

Charlie

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Nice pictures. Sounds like a lot of homework

Alex

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!!!

I spent most of the day doing it, but I was watching our 2 year old when she was not napping. So I would say 4-5 hours of actual on car time. Just took my time. I used to clay in about 20-30 mins till I realized what a crappy job I was doing with that. I spent at least an hour claying this time.

Also was my first time using PC fusion so I took my time with it too.

I can usually do three coats of Z2 in under 2 hours, maybe less.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
gmblack3,

You have achieved what I call the Fall Into The Paint Shine. Your clear coat looks like clear water and that last picture of the refection of the garage window in the trunk lid tells the story. Great job and worth the effort I'm sure. I have never heard of the last product you applied. Is there a reason you used it instead of Z-8 other than you may not have it on hand?

D.J.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OneQuickCoupe said:
gmblack3,

You have achieved what I call the Fall Into The Paint Shine. Your clear coat looks like clear water and that last picture of the refection of the garage window in the trunk lid tells the story. Great job and worth the effort I'm sure. I have never heard of the last product you applied. Is there a reason you used it instead of Z-8 other than you may not have it on hand?

D.J.
Thanks DJ!! :cheers:

I just don't have any Z8 yet, will order some when I get finished with the menzerna. I hope to get a chance to try Z8 out soon.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Thats one shiny QS Z, I like it.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
lookin good :coo:

the PC Fusion is indeed, good stuff!.....my wife borrowed my S-10 to carry some things yesterday, and it came back with some noticeable scratches......PC Fusion treatment and a couple of coats of Z5, and all is well :yeadog:

:z:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
That's some of the Shiniest Orange Peel ever :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. :thumb:

That's some of the Shiniest Orange Peel ever
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fusion- was up at my brothers in ohio this w/e, he had some tree sap on his truck. Claybar would not touch it at all. So I broke out the fusion and with a little work the tree sap was gone. No scratches to the paint or anything. I was doing some serious rubbing too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts