Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we got to the track yesterday and set a couple of new bests. The best part is the Meanie now has about 25 passes on him and he is still in one piece :thumb:

Pat made the best pass yesterday with a 11.40 @ 121.85 and the :cen: camera wouldn't focus

http://fuzzydiceracing.com/k/mcrat1140.wmv

Better film of his 11.44
http://fuzzydiceracing.com/k/mcrat1144.wmv

My best pass was 11.45 @121.x but there was no slip. But Pat saw the board.

My next best pass was 11.49 @ 123.51

It was a good day at track and good to see a bunch of old friends and meet new ones

:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
My $$$ is on Kat to beat or tie Pat the next time out. ;)

11.44 is a great time and congrats to both of you. I know you have worked hard to get to this time! How long before 11.3X?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,851 Posts
Most excellent, Kat. :yeadog: Especially that everything appears to be staying together finally. :thumb:

What were the 60's you were turning? How hard were you launching and at what psi did you have your slicks? Any "bogging" out of the hole, or was it a smooth transit? Just curious, as I am getting the "rust out" and will be racing again now that the weather is beggining to turn around here.

Don
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,014 Posts
Great runs, anything done to the car to keep it in 1 piecwe (dte brace)?
Can u give us some more detailson setup. Thanks Always great when you drive home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
Big time numbers :jammin: :jammin:
.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,036 Posts
Great run you two, I was in the stands with Kat when Pat ran the 11.40 and she went sprinting (funny visual) down to the pits to insist he hotlap it and get to the 11.30s, she was really stoked...

Greg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,656 Posts
Congrats on the new best. :thumb: :thumb:

Darwin.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,475 Posts
WTG Kat! That's great news! The meanie's getting back in shape and being tough, and it sure looks like you are getting back in the groove too! Great driving! :thumb: :thumb:

Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone :thumb:

Don Benson said:
What were the 60's you were turning? How hard were you launching and at what psi did you have your slicks? Any "bogging" out of the hole, or was it a smooth transit? Just curious, as I am getting the "rust out" and will be racing again now that the weather is beggining to turn around here.

Don
Our 60's where from 1.62 to 1.7x.

11.40 pass
1.73 60ft
7.34 1/8th
97.52
11.408 1/4
121.85

11.44 pass
1.624 60ft
7.328 1/8th
95.78
11.445 1/4
121.37

my 11.49
1.733 60ft
7.43
96.47 1/8th
11.498
123.51

Again I don't have a slip for my 11.45 pass :(

The last 2 passes where done after the 15 mph head wind had died down a bit. But the track prep was going away.

I couldn't launch any higher the 4700-4800 or I would spin big time. I never bogged. We where running the ET streets at 13.5 psi as we where still being a bit conserative about breaking stuff :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
robz said:
Great runs, anything done to the car to keep it in 1 piecwe (dte brace)?
Can u give us some more detailson setup. Thanks Always great when you drive home.
We are running Getrag 3.73 from Getrag without the hardend output shaft & RPM diff brace. If we break it then we have a Rockland one on the shelf. The Rockland "Race prep" Trans with the hardend output trans shaft.

We also swapped the Dual Exedy for the Spec 3 as we felt it was hitting way to hard for our car.

It felt good to be able to make 20 passes on him again like we where able to do 9 months ago :thumb:

I even told Pat to leave the trailer at home and drove to & from the track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,548 Posts
Great runs! Thanks for the video's Kat! :guiness:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,014 Posts
Kat said:
We are running Getrag 3.73 from Getrag without the hardend output shaft & RPM diff brace. If we break it then we have a Rockland one on the shelf. The Rockland "Race prep" Trans with the hardend output trans shaft.

We also swapped the Dual Exedy for the Spec 3 as we felt it was hitting way to hard for our car.

It felt good to be able to make 20 passes on him again like we where able to do 9 months ago :thumb:

I even told Pat to leave the trailer at home and drove to & from the track.
Thanks for the info. Im thinkin about a brace also. I just broke the trans shaft and am grounded.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dr.Ron said:
Nice runs! Were you guys dumping the clutch? The reason I ask is I was curious why you were spinning at only 4700 rpm's....
Ron
No, I don't dump the clutch I let it out quickly. Spinning, it's called So Cal tracks :yeadog: The 1.6's yesterday were my best ever. So it was prep'd better then most track days.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top