Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my 2002 Z06 Quicksilver/Red and had a hard time figuring out whether or not I wanted the body side moldings. I decided that on Quicksilver, the vette looked best without them and has a "cleaner" look. Anyone else have an opinion ? I know it's pretty much just a personal preference, but I was just curious. Any other Quicksilver/Red Z06's out there ? Peace /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweeeet ! Are you happy with the Red and Black Interior ? It seems like a perfect fit for the Quicksilver because of the other red accents on the car. Thanks /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Mod Red interior sets the car off man!

Couldn't be happier with the car

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
151 Posts
I lost a lot of sleep over the Mod.Red/Z06 Black interior decision. I finaly went with the Z06 Black.(I'm still not sure why)Though I did order a set of Black/Red,Z06 embriodered Wet Suit Seat Covers.(go figure)
BMS was a similar struggle, but, I'm sure that some time or another a shopping cart, or another door will eventualy find my new car, so common sense won out. They cost less to take off than to have put on later, and they do add another dimension (line)to the side of the car. Looks faster while sitting still! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif
I'll take mine "loaded" please. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I went without the BSM because I also felt that they dtracted from the overall look of the vehichle, but is purely a personal opinion...

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
I've had them on all 4 C5's including my '02. I' removing them shortly. I question there protection value and looks. FUBU69/LES /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm new here, but I'll throw in my .02

I ordered a '02 Quicksilver ZO6 with the plain jane black interior. The red was just gawd awfull ugly to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way bashing anyones choice.

As for the BSM, I choose no. I saw two silver '01 ZO6's side by side at a stealership. One with the BSM and one without. The one without was so much cleaner looking. Not to mention worrying about wax and dirt building up in the crevices.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
ZO SIC

Welcome to the FORUM, good luck new Z, dont forget to register. Good people and info here, rousing debates spark more intrest..............

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I like them, especially on the darker colors. Must have on Mag Red. Adds some visual interest, IMO.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
If you look at the statistics in the registry, half of the people have BSM, and half don't.

I ordered mine with it. I like it because it breaks up the void area a bit. It is also more of a hassle to wash and wax around.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I like um on my Blk 01.....but I left them off my Blue 02 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif Now.....if I could only fiqure on the interior! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JZ,

I guess this pretty much goes without saying, but if you liked the way the Grand Sport looked, definately go with the red interior. I think the Torch Red Interior on a Z06 looks awesome because it goes so well with the red brake calipers and the red logos on the wheels and. It has a "theme" which is cool. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif This is just my opinion, but go with the red ! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have them on my 01 QS and I like them as they break up the side which I feel is too flat .
01QS ZEDOH6 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
619 Posts
No BSM's.

Had an 01' Coupe on order but after a while, I decided that it took away from the overall appearance of the Z06.

Anyways,I'll be parking the car very far, besides, I need the exercise. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I guess this really proves that body side moldings is a personal preference. Looks like 50% like um, and 50% don't. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 20 of 25 Posts