Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My o2 z06 silver /blk came delivered . in my opinion although they provide a moducum of parking lot protection.I think they basically take away from the looks of the car would like to hear your opinions before i decide whether to have them removed or not
thanks AJB

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
AJB,

This ones gotta be your call in the end. Lots of topics on BSM's. Me personally i dont like them think it ruins the lines. But mine is not an everday driver and dont park where others can be near......

Good luck....

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Qik.... rip 'em off as fast as you can! :D

IMO.... they were tacked on as an afterthought. :puke:

Gosh.... I sound harsh. :lol:

Personal choice obviously..... I chose to leave 'em off when I ordered mine. :cheers:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I really don't care for them, but since they were on the car when i bought it I thought i would leave them on and see if they would grow on me. A friend of mine bought his car without them and had the dealer put some on . They charged him almost $400.00 for a $75.00 option.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I like the car better without the BSM and I ordered my car that way but if it was a permanent fixture I wouldn't let that stop me from buying a Z06.:cool:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Mine came with them (only option :( ), but I am thinking about talking them off. I think black looks sooo good with clean lines.

Does anyone know what the time limit is for elaving them on before you can safetly remove them?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
David Pintaric

If you leave the car out in the weather the time period will be lessened because of the elements. They will cause the paint to fade some then when you pull the molding off it will be a different shade underneath. Mine has been garaged for 2 months and is M/Y and there were no harsh effects from removing the molding. The longer you wait the harder it will be because the 2 sided tape has longer to set up !
I hope this helps !

Rob
:cheers:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine was ordered without the bsm's and after owning the car for 3 1/2 months I have to say that I like it that way. I always liked the look of the small chrome trim at the cove on the 62's, and something like that in a solid color might be interesting on a Z06, but I am not ready to change anything just yet.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Arch said:
Mine was ordered without the bsm's and after owning the car for 3 1/2 months I have to say that I like it that way. I always liked the look of the small chrome trim at the cove on the 62's, and something like that in a solid color might be interesting on a Z06, but I am not ready to change anything just yet.
1961 was the last yr for the trim around the cove. 62 did not have them. ( I only know cause I owned a 62).I saw a C5 on Speedvision with coves painted to look like a 56 to61 Vette. Looked :cool:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Thanks Rob.

I will address this issue come spring. My baby is hibernating for the winter :( .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts