Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at a DE when driving with full traction control on, I experienced bogging when exiting corners (not in the corner). As I fed in throttle, the car would accelerate but at a much slower rate than you would expect. I think that it may have been the power management, but I do not remember this happening last year. It was really hot today and I wondered whether it might be some kind of timing retardation going on.

I added three gallons of 100 octane to a 1/2 tank of 93 octane and went into competition mode. I did not experience the bogging when competition mode. What do you think? Is full active handling really that invasive?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Bob,
I agree that TC/AH is very invasive, but also pretty good. I lose about 1 second per lap with the car in Comp Mode over off if I am smooth. For a daily driver, I caution everyone to make an informed decision as to whether that second is worth the risk for a DE.

If you look down at the DIC when you feel the hesitation, you should see something like TC Active or AH Active for a few seconds. If you don't the problem may be elsewhere. Things I have fought my way through include fouled plugs, fouled fuel filter, replaced 02 sensors, loose ground wire and probably a few I have forgotten.
:cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts