Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seeking advise on taking a 04Z with $10K and making it a beast. What do you recommend? I would like to appear stock with some serious power. Your suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
808 Posts
KevinG said:
I am seeking advise on taking a 04Z with $10K and making it a beast. What do you recommend? I would like to appear stock with some serious power. Your suggestions are welcome! Thanks!
I considered two options: 1) Magnacharger, 2) H/C&LTs

The Magnacharger makes great power, is very streetable but unless you get the Carravagio Blower hood probably will be very noticeable even by non-enthusiasts. Typical cost of install with all parts needed ~$10,000. Power levels I have seen reported here and on CF seem to be in the neigborhood 460rwhp/tq.

The Heads/Cam and long tube option can also make great power, be streetable and barely detectable (depending on cam) by non-enthusiasts and enthusiasts alike. Typical cost of install with all parts needed on average comes to $6,500. Power levels depend on the cam and heads but I have seen the range go from 430/390rwhp/tq to 480/430rwhp/tq.

I have chosen to go with option #2 and this Friday my Z is being picked up for transport to 21MC for their 500hp H/C&LT package.

Good luck with your decision, I'm sure many more opinions will follow.

-RR

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Put a Blower on it and pick up 150 HP. Keep the boost down low 6 PSI Max and take what's left of the 10G's and upgrade the clutch etc. East Coast Supercharging is not to far from where you live :z:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
KevinG said:

If you want to sound stock you will need a SuperQuiet Vortec, I you want to look stock under the hood you can go Nitrous or a 427 motor with quiet cam and heads but would go over the $10k

remember if you want to spend $10k for power upgrade you need to upgrade the drivelines, I say a supercharger installed for $7k, Clucth installed $1500, Harderned output shafts and Brace for $1500, theres your $10k, and mind you no exhaust yet as well :roll:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
IT L GO said:
Put a Blower on it and pick up 150 HP. Keep the boost down low 6 PSI Max and take what's left of the 10G's and upgrade the clutch etc. East Coast Supercharging is not to far from where you live :z:

Im going up to ECS this month for a tune, maybe if you're ready we'll ride up there and I'll give you a ride back down :thumb:

·
Registered
853 Posts
IT L GO said:
Excellent suggestion!! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
i would look into a heads and cam set up and upgrade brake pads fluid and lines, shocks sway bars, etc. too much engine makes a stock car unsafe

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
If you're looking for big #s, but only want to spend 10K, go ATI blower or Vortech. You can still hear the head units, but at least you'll have the stealth of a stock hood. Real serious stealth power costs way more than 10K. Twin turbo set-up or 427 C5r punched out to 441 etc. takes serious money. Good luck in creating your beast.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The Vette Dr's usually have a deal going for the mag install including hood for a very reasonable price.

Carmen is well known for producing high powered Hot Rods :yeadog:

:cheers:

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you're willing to spend $10,000 spend an extra $5000 and get TT's. :)

Mark

·
Registered
390 Posts
my vote: forged motor,clutch,hardened shaft, tranny brace, the usual bolt ons & a 300 shot [direct port]should be around 10 large & if you can afford some tires & can drive the beast you should be in the 9's! :thumb:

·
Registered
128 Posts
z06pdq said:
my vote: forged motor,clutch,hardened shaft, tranny brace, the usual bolt ons & a 300 shot [direct port]should be around 10 large & if you can afford some tires & can drive the beast you should be in the 9's! :thumb:
I Totally Agree...I haven't regretted putting nitrous on mine yet. Also it's a little cheaper than a blower and if you use a direct port it will put you right there with all the guys with forged motors and high boost.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts