Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets face it the 3 Vette mags out there are pretty lame. A client of mine that was a top managment executive for Hearst Publications was at my office the other day regarding the launch of his new home design magazine[helped him obtain initial venture capital several months back]. I asked him his opinion regarding the 3 current Vette mags in the market place. Most would agree they are lame. Even the advertising is for the most part boring . Last night I picked up a copy of EASYRIDER motorcycle mag and was surprised how much entertainment value that product offers , the sexy women , the photos and editorial content. I believe there is a huge void in the marketplace for a new Vette MAG . I am going to do some due diligence regarding this matter. THERE CAN BE HUGE MONEY MADE HERE !!! WHAT IS YOUR THINKING??? .........LES/FUBU69

·
Registered
0 Posts
Les,

I dumped my subscriptions about 5 years ago. They just bored me to tears. Same articles, just rewritten, would re-appear every few months. I get a lot more information like I want to hear from the Forums.

A new and exciting magazine would be a welcome site. Go for it!! Big boobs and skinny asses might not look too bad draped across the hood of my Z either. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

·
Registered
45 Posts
Consider this.... how many Corvette owners are passionate enought to subscribe to a publication? I'm inclined to think it's not that many. This is not to say that a GOOD publication wouldn't do well.......

But, consider this. I think the people that are likely to subscribe are probably more inclined to spend a few more bucks if it were REALLY done well.

I remember when NASCAR Illustrated was hard back. It was truly collectible... even when it was only a harder glossy paper cover...it was rich!!

If you can, take a look at "The Rodder's Journal"... they're not dated, they're numbered. They sell for $12.95 and they are gorgeous.

I think something like that done quarterly would do very well and, done right, could command a $15 cover price. And, my guess is that they would become collectible.

IMO

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went to Barnes & Noble this afternoon and spent almost $100 on various mags to get ideas!!! Also enjoyed a couple of expressos. I am wired!!!.....LES/FUBU69 PS I BETTER CALM MYSELF WITH A COUPLE OF GRAY GOOSE MARTINIS!!!!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
My complaint of most magazines today, is more and more advertising and less "meat" within the pages. Same ads, same topics. Favorite is Corvette Quarterly because of their quality and content. Another favorite is DuPont Registry, but it too, has many ads.

A new mag would be appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts