Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my exuast system yesterday....just wondering if a lot of back pressure sound is normal.......sounds like a light back fire when i let off the gas......thanks

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I don't have this exhaust, but I have seen, or rather heard that on many cars with high performance exhaust systems. Others here have the Borla, and can chime in, but I hear it a little with the stock system.

If the car isn't throwing codes, I don't think I would be worried.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
01Z_06 said:
Just installed my exuast system yesterday....just wondering if a lot of back pressure sound is normal.......sounds like a light back fire when i let off the gas......thanks

Normal. Love that sound. :D :z:

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
01Z_06 said:

That is primarily caused by your stock H-pipe (crossover) which is restictive. The diameter of the crossover is less than the outside diameter of the pipe itself this will cause the burbbling. It will get louder when you stick on the Borla's (I have 2 tip). If you get headers (I have LG long tube now)headers just replace that pipe with a X-pipe.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Yup, still have some popping with the X-pipe, but it is MUCH reduced from when the stock H-pipe was installed with the 2-tip Stingers.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
I enjoyed the burbking and popping on my Borla Stinger setup - it got nice and loud and burbly with the Borla XR - add longtubes retaining stock H-pipe and it is just right - still burbles and gurgles and pops and bangs ;)

·
Registered
622 Posts
panzer said:
That is primarily caused by your stock H-pipe (crossover) which is restictive. The diameter of the crossover is less than the outside diameter of the pipe itself this will cause the burbbling. It will get louder when you stick on the Borla's (I have 2 tip). If you get headers (I have LG long tube now)headers just replace that pipe with a X-pipe.
Panzer
Did that affect the 01's too :-? Will the factory fix(tsb) eliminate that or do you need an x pipe? I ask because I am installing Corsa Pace Car catback system tomorrow and I have not done the JINGLE FIX.

Go E

1 - 10 of 10 Posts