Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy a system for my car, and at first I was looking at B&B, but i heard one, and thought it sounded terrible, and I don't liek corsa, so i guess borla is my next option. Does anyone know of any issues?? Since im going to be voiding the factory warranty by putting the exhasut system on.
Any info. would be appreciated

Matt

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I love my Borla twin tip Stingers. Great sound. The Corsa always sound wimpy to me... Mine have performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
xxsimulaxx said:
Since im going to be voiding the factory warranty by putting the exhasut system on.
Any info. would be appreciated

Matt
Matt, the only part of the warranty you will be voiding is on the Ti system you removed from the car (which if you put it back on it would be covered), thus you really are not voiding anything.

Borla's are great, I have the two tip units and love them :thumb: However, you really should hear them first since the sound part is really a subjective thing. Good Luck

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Give GHL Magnums a look while your at it too.

Jack

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, see I was told by a few corvette owners around the area that they voided their warranty (on the engine) by putting the exhausts on, because i put exhaust on my truck and it didnt effect the warranty. but since the warranty is out of the question now, borla or b&b bullet?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
xxsimulaxx said:
Oh, see I was told by a few corvette owners around the area that they voided their warranty (on the engine) by putting the exhausts on, because i put exhaust on my truck and it didn't effect the warranty. but since the warranty is out of the question now, borla or b&b bullet?
Take another look at the GHL. You will not be disappointed. :eyes:

http://thx2.net/exhaust.htm sound clips

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im looking into GHL right now. Im looking for the loudest exhaust, but not an annoying sound like the Corsa?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love my Borla. No problems at all and have had some warranty work performed. 25,000 miles on the exhaust and it's flawless, I love the sound and with a partition it isn't too loud while driving either!

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
xxsimulaxx said:
Im looking into GHL right now. Im looking for the loudest exhaust, but not an annoying sound like the Corsa?
I also have the Borla Stinger two tips but If you want louder I think the Bullet's are a touch louder. The only problem I've had with my Borla's is all the attention you get pulling up to an AutoX event and eveyone coming over to check out your car :jammin:

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
I have over 40,000 miles on my two tip Borlas and have had no problems at all. :thumb: B&B Bullets are slightly louder but the Borlas sound better.

p.s. Just noticed this is message #8000 for me and counting. This is the best web site for cars and corvettes. :z: :z: :z:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have the borla quads but also like the duals. Both sound the same to me but others may say different. I got the quads as I like how they fill in the back area. The sound is awesome but you should hear one in person before you buy.

Mark :D

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Another endorsement for the Borlas, here. The B&B Bullets are a little louder, and marginally deeper, I've been told. The GHL Magnums are slightly quieter than the Borlas, but very nicely finished. All will tear your head off with [email protected] WOT. The Corsas are too quiet, except for the Ti race system which is very raspy.

·
Registered
396 Posts
B&B Bullets!

1. Louder & deeper than stingers
2. Everyone else has stingers
3. $560 shipped
4. angle cut tips that stick out further
5. those tiny resonators actually do a good job limiting resonance, no headaches yet, nothing but smiles.

:thumb:

·
Registered
744 Posts
The only problems I have are: (1) other Corvette owners flag me down to find out what they are, and (2) my wife thinks they are too loud and won't drive the car. On second thought, (2) is not a problem but a benefit. Buy them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I drove a stock Z with the Bullets an didn't like them at all. On my Z, I have the Borlas and love them. However, as most others have said, try to listen to them to see what you actually like.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts