Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like we will be one of the first tuners to receive these. I heard (from dependable sources), the headers dyno 14 rwhp on a 2002 Z06. Stainless steel with 1 3/4 primaries. We will run a GP for them as soon as we receive pricing if anyone is interested.

Nate

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tugs4fun- I will have pricing maybe next week and the headers should be in production as we speak.

AgentZ06- yes, I have the first 15 new exhaust kits from Borla shipping to me this week. I will be the first to have them since I did testing on the new system. We dynoed the exhaust and picked up 5hp over the Bassani exhaust I was previously using.

Rollin- email you back!

Nate

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Nate, do the Borla's hook up to the pups on the 01?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Nate,

Please post and notify when Borlas shorty headers and the new exhaust system is available...Any deals if we buy the headers and catback system at the same time:sneaky: ?

Nick

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
That would be interesting, I have never heard of shorty headers making any power. Of course we all know that dyno runs don't really tell the whole story. I would say that shortys are more for looks than for power. No offense to anyone who has or wants them, but I almost went with them until I did research.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Redshift, I would have to agree with you, shorties uaually arent worth the money compared to the power gained, but most manus claim 8-10. I only posted the gains on the Borlas because it came from a reputable source. These are not our personal dyno gains though. Maybe soon, we can install and post results.

Nate

·
Registered
495 Posts
The couple of things I've read are claiming 14 rwhp with the Borla shorties,,,True or false Nate? Inquiring minds want to know!
And the price is excellent if the performance/quality is there.
How is interior resonation with the new catback system ?

Nick

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Nate, are you planning to do a before/after dyno of the Borla shorties to corroborate the impressive h/p claims for these headers? I believe you have an in-house dyno at your facility now?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We will try and get a volunteer for this. hint, hint...
Yes, we do have an in-house dyno now so this will not be a problem. But I need a 01-02 Z06 car!!!

Resonance is little to none on a six speed car. The system is loud though!

Nate

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hello Nate.

What is the time frame for delivery of the headers?

If it works out, it would be great to bring my 01 down to sunny Arizona and be a test car :D :D

Would get me out of the rain for awhile :cool:

Rollin

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Nate, what would really be interesting would be a kinda "header bake-off". For example, the Borla shorties against the Belangers you sell. If you test on an '01, the pre-cat variable should be eliminated (since that would be a test of shorties against long tubes) Of course the Belangers cost a lot more, so I would be expecting to see more ponies from the Belangers. I am looking hard at the Belangers, BPP headers, and still waiting for one other source who should be releasing headers shortly. Of course if the Borla shorties can make documented 14 rwh/p relative gains for about $500, I guess they would be on the table too...

:)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Whats the latest details on the GP for the Borla headers Nate.

What kinda price and approximatley how much longer before they hit the street. With those HP numbers I'm pretty interested.

What about getting a sound bite from Borla, any chance you could post something for us to hear?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Redshift said:
That would be interesting, I have never heard of shorty headers making any power. Of course we all know that dyno runs don't really tell the whole story. I would say that shortys are more for looks than for power. No offense to anyone who has or wants them, but I almost went with them until I did research.
I'm with you on this, I'd be suprised a shorty can turn a number. The stock exh manifold is pretty darned good an the LS6.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts