Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am deciding on exaust systems for my frc but I am concerned about too much noise on the inside. I want increased performance obviously but want my car to sound relatively quiet at idle and at cruising speeds. What do you guys think?? :-?

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Thinking about a set of Borla, but I'm not too concerned about inside noise. The first Vette I ever rode in, many years ago, was a 63 SWC with 375 hp engine and side pipes. Couldn't hear the wunderbar radio when the engine was running, but you damn sure could out run tornados in Kansas.... Which we did. Which is why I'm driving Vettes.

:thumb: :D :thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jmho

I too like the Borla's - But I put the4 Corsa Indy Pace Cars on my 2003 coupe. They are almost as quiet as stock until you punch it - thenm they growl and will get attention!. I am thinking of going wtih Borlas on the 99 FRC, simply becuase they are cheaper than the COrsas. The double walled Pro tips on the Corsas sure do look extra good though...

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
FRCLandon said:
I think Im going with the quad tip borla stinger setup...
GHL Magnum's, deep sound not as loud as the Borla's :z:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I think the GHL (Magnums) system is one of the best. You want to make sure and experience these systems in person so you can decide.

Good luck :thumb:

·
Registered
230 Posts
GHL makes a great system. I love the sound on mine and the polished finish is beautiful. I just took a road trip to Indy and will probably install a partition for the next road trip. This would be only for the rare occasion when I would rather hear music than motor. :guiness:

·
Registered
16 Posts
i would strongly reccomend B&B quad-tip bullets, they look and sound the best bar none.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
c5golfguy said:
GHL started out making exhaust for Audi's, Porsche's, and other european exotics. I'm a fan of the GHL's and if you heard one at speed, you'll know why they are top notch! Good luck! :cheers:
I agree. :thumb:

Woohoo!!! 2000th post!!!

:z:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the Corsa Touring exhaust and it sounds good. Not loud
at all inside the car. I had Borla Stingers on another car and they were very loud, with alot of resonance. I would go with the Corsa's!
Here is the link to hear how each Corsa system sounds:
http://www.corsaperf.com/flashc5-tiger.htm

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the two tip Borla Stingers and Love them! Not to loud at idle or cruise speed but at WOT.............they sound Awesome!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the Corsa Touring w/ classic tips. Much too quiet for me, so I'm looking to sale/trade for Borla Stinger or straight pipes, or B&B Bullets. If you know anybody looking, send them my way. They were installed in October '03, & have aprox. 10k miles on them.

Tucker
[email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
meadowz06 said:
I have the Corsa Touring exhaust and it sounds good. Not loud
at all inside the car. I had Borla Stingers on another car and they were very loud, with alot of resonance. I would go with the Corsa's!
Here is the link to hear how each Corsa system sounds:
http://www.corsaperf.com/flashc5-tiger.htm
I am having Corsa Touring and an x-pipe installed on Monday. After reading lots of posts and listening to some cars after I ordered them, I am concerned that they will be too quiet. Are they at least a little louder than stock? I'm not looking for race car loud.

Thanks,
Chuck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts