Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Z in for some warranty work today and thought I would inquire about an exhaust mod to make it sound better. I told the mechanic I was not interested in headers or having to do any tuning changes and he suggested Borla stingers. I also would like to go with two big tips instead of four. Any members here have the Borla stingers or other suggestions? Does Corsa have a similar product? I have always been kind of a purist so this is a big step for me.

Thanks
Greg

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I'm a big fan of GHL Magnums. IMO they have a deep tone and don't sound raspy like some. Borla's are a close second. From what I have heard Borla pretty much copied GHL's design. :cheers:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IT L GO said:
I'm a big fan of GHL Magnums. IMO they have a deep tone and don't sound raspy like some. Borla's are a close second. From what I have heard Borla pretty much copied GHL's design. :cheers:
Thanks IT L GO. I can always count on you for GOOD advice and I think so can a lot of others on this site. Thanks for all your help. By the way is there a supporting vendor that sells GHL'S? :cheers:

Greg

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
LAPD sells them

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Tom Fuscaldo said:
I love the Stingers but would have gone with the GHL also.... Can't go wrong with either one.... :thumb:
I agree. At just about every track event I go to, I get at least one comment as to what did I do to get that great sound out of the vette on the track (stingers and LG headers).

And the look of two tips is quite nice....

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
You can't go wrong with the Borla's, the GHL's, or the B&B Bullets. Although I prefer the looks of the Bullet tips. I think they are the most aggressive looking. If I didn't have the Borla's already, I'd have the Bullets.

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
i love my 2tip stingers..
get you a partition for a little sound deadening on long trips.. its not TOOO bad .. but it will drone a littel..

also an exhaust plate fills up the 'tween area..
i will fina a photo

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts

there .photos found.. the exhaust plate fills up the black area between the 2 tips..
the 4 tip stingers are not soo bad.. looking.. they sound about the same too

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought a Z with LG pro long tubes, no cats, 3'pipe between the headers and stingers. Way to lout. do you'all
think its the 244/244 cam and 427 ci making it to loud? I've
got to figure this out.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wvphoto said:

there .photos found.. the exhaust plate fills up the black area between the 2 tips..
the 4 tip stingers are not soo bad.. looking.. they sound about the same too
wv photo and backlash
Thanks for the pics. You both have the single tip stingers but the tips look to be different sizes. Are there options?

Greg

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
mine is just bigger than backlash's..
LOL

i think its the chrome plate on mine

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I called Borla today and spoke with Harley. He told me in the Cat Back they had the "Touring"and "S" series with the "S" series being more aggressive. He could only quote me MSRP $770.00 and recommend I call a dealer to get a discount. Does anyone know a dealer that would treat me right. Meanwhile I am trying to find a Z in Cinti that has the Borla so I can give it a listen.

Greg

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got up today with every intention of buying the borla stinger cat back system and by this afternoon I was ordering the Corsa pace car with the daytona tips from West Coast Corvette. Paul Santiago w/Corsa had one hell of a sales pitch and I bit. :screwy:

Thanks everyone for the input.

Greg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts