Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Borla is developing a titanium cat back exhaust AND titanium header, for the C5 and Z06.

The Cat-Back is supposed to be lighter than the stock Ti exhaust, and the retail price will be approx. $2100! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

The Titanium headers are not priced yet, but they have been tested and show a gain of 11rwhp on a Z06 and are 6.2lb LIGHTER than the NEW B&B Z06 header. So the main advantage of these will be to lose an extra 12.4lb of weight from the front of your car. The B&B produces comparable power.

They also have a stainless steel version, which has the same design, and produces the same power, but at a lower price. It will be available within the next month, and has a list price of $950.

Both these headers are shortie headers and do not eliminate the precats. In addition, Borla will offer long tube versions of both headers for _offroad_ use! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

All this info direct from Borla this morning!

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I think Rats car put out 11 hp more with the shorties, I am going with long tubes like on my C5 because we will do a cam and head package and what better high rpm breathing./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts