Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done archive searches up the exhaust, and want to be sure that a Michelin Pilot Sport 315/35 18 will fit a factory bolt lowered 01 Z06.
I would love to get maximal tire stuffed beneath my ride, but don't want wheel issues.

I'm confident a 275/40 17 will fit the front without drama, but not sure about the rear.

Thanks so much guys, and sorry if this is redundant.

Cheers,

Greg

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
There is a .78 inch difference between the two. If you consider that half of the difference will show on either side of the wheel, you are looking at a .4 inch larger bulge on the inside and outside of the wheel. I don't think it is much of an issue. Sometimes when you allow too much bulge, you actually lose the contact patch.

·
Registered
02 Z06, 72 small block 4-speed coupe
1,558 Posts
TireRack lists the rim width range as 10.5-11.5, so there shouldn't be a problem with it slipping off the rim. Someone on here posted a pic about a year ago showing 315s on stock rims and it looked fine, but I saw a Trans Am locally with chrome Z rims and 315s in the back and the sidewalls were REALLY bulged out. He might have had it on a 9.5" rim though. Hopefully someone will post a pic again, because I'll be replacing my tires soon as well and would prefer to go 315.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I've got Michelin PS's 315/30-18 on 10.5 Chrome Z06 Motorsport wheels. They fit fine, no rubbing.

In fact my BFG DR's are the same tire size, but they actually measure all most 3/4 of a inch wider than the PS's and they don't rub either.

Bill

·
Registered
996 Posts
Same here, I got 315-18-35 PS's on the back on stock rims, and they fit fine.

I'm no expert on handling, but to me they felt about the same as the GYF1sc...

I took some pictures of my car back when I got them installed, but they suck (the pictures!)... Here it is anyway, in case you still want to look at them:

http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/sho...&si=&what=allfields&name=jofu&when=&whenterm=

:cheers:
Geoff

·
Registered
654 Posts
So is that an ok setup to run with then 275 PS on the front 315 PS on the back ?

I need tires soon so I am looking at all the options.

I thought I read that if you put larger rears on you should also use larger fronts to prevent oversteer.

·
Registered
355 Posts
IT L GO said:
They will fit fine. :thumb: :thumb:

So everyone seems to agree that 315/30/18 rear and 275/40/17 front Pilot Sports will fit fine and will not rub. That's good b/c in my book bigger is ALWAYS better when it comes to tires. But what will the difference in diameter do to the spedometer, computer, etc? Will a car with these sizes on stock rims track better?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Actually, mine are Pilot Sports, not PS2's...

I just mentioned them because some people started talking about those tires, and because I'm pretty sure PS's and PS2's have the same dimension, though I'm not sure :)

Geoff

Dr.Ron said:
Hey Geoff!
So, how would you compare the PS2's to the F1's in straight ahead traction & cornering stiffness??
Thanks! Ron

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yes, that's Mont St-Michel! My mother moved to France (from Quebec) a few years back, and now lives something like an hour away from this place.

I originally did show those pictures on here when I got back from the trip, but we were at the height of the US/France hatred with Iraq, so I got a bunch of "cool place, but the french can kiss my ass"-type of reply :lol: :D

(sorry for the thread hijack!!!)
:cheers:
Geoff

VETTEST said:
Jofu,
Thanks for the picks. Hey did you take that pic of Mont St Michel? I love that place. Was there as a kid.

Cheers,

Greg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.