Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done archive searches up the exhaust, and want to be sure that a Michelin Pilot Sport 315/35 18 will fit a factory bolt lowered 01 Z06.
I would love to get maximal tire stuffed beneath my ride, but don't want wheel issues.

I'm confident a 275/40 17 will fit the front without drama, but not sure about the rear.

Thanks so much guys, and sorry if this is redundant.

Cheers,

Greg

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Yes. but the ideal size rim would be 11in.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So does this mean that it could be dangerous?
Will a tire slip off mid turn? :eyes:

Thanks for the answer... But it is a tad scary! :eek:

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
There is a .78 inch difference between the two. If you consider that half of the difference will show on either side of the wheel, you are looking at a .4 inch larger bulge on the inside and outside of the wheel. I don't think it is much of an issue. Sometimes when you allow too much bulge, you actually lose the contact patch.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
TireRack lists the rim width range as 10.5-11.5, so there shouldn't be a problem with it slipping off the rim. Someone on here posted a pic about a year ago showing 315s on stock rims and it looked fine, but I saw a Trans Am locally with chrome Z rims and 315s in the back and the sidewalls were REALLY bulged out. He might have had it on a 9.5" rim though. Hopefully someone will post a pic again, because I'll be replacing my tires soon as well and would prefer to go 315.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Those look like 335's. Pretty damn wide. Does anyone have good "unaltrered" pics of 315's on the back of Z06's? Considering getting those too....295's look narrow to me for the vette.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Vettest, if you want those photoshop size tires, recommend a 12" wheel for the rear. AND, a little process called "tubbing". :yeadog:

Bob :D

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I've got Michelin PS's 315/30-18 on 10.5 Chrome Z06 Motorsport wheels. They fit fine, no rubbing.

In fact my BFG DR's are the same tire size, but they actually measure all most 3/4 of a inch wider than the PS's and they don't rub either.

Bill

·
Registered
996 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
So is that an ok setup to run with then 275 PS on the front 315 PS on the back ?

I need tires soon so I am looking at all the options.

I thought I read that if you put larger rears on you should also use larger fronts to prevent oversteer.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jofu,
Thanks for the picks. Hey did you take that pic of Mont St Michel? I love that place. Was there as a kid.

Cheers,

Greg

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
They will fit fine. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
355 Posts
IT L GO said:
They will fit fine. :thumb: :thumb:

So everyone seems to agree that 315/30/18 rear and 275/40/17 front Pilot Sports will fit fine and will not rub. That's good b/c in my book bigger is ALWAYS better when it comes to tires. But what will the difference in diameter do to the spedometer, computer, etc? Will a car with these sizes on stock rims track better?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Actually, mine are Pilot Sports, not PS2's...

I just mentioned them because some people started talking about those tires, and because I'm pretty sure PS's and PS2's have the same dimension, though I'm not sure :)

Geoff

Dr.Ron said:
Hey Geoff!
So, how would you compare the PS2's to the F1's in straight ahead traction & cornering stiffness??
Thanks! Ron

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yes, that's Mont St-Michel! My mother moved to France (from Quebec) a few years back, and now lives something like an hour away from this place.

I originally did show those pictures on here when I got back from the trip, but we were at the height of the US/France hatred with Iraq, so I got a bunch of "cool place, but the french can kiss my ass"-type of reply :lol: :D

(sorry for the thread hijack!!!)
:cheers:
Geoff

VETTEST said:
Jofu,
Thanks for the picks. Hey did you take that pic of Mont St Michel? I love that place. Was there as a kid.

Cheers,

Greg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts