Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if i am being anal or not, so i have some questions. Few things that concern me are:

1. Coming out of first gear letting off the clutch it sounds like a little rattling noise coming from the rear end or exhaust section.

2. Buzzing noise coming from above the steering wheel around the guages at low cruising speeds. A small rattling noise.

3. Driver side seat leans to the left side, feels like my ass is always against the door.

Any of these common problems. Any other things I should look out for? Otherwise I love the car. A B&B quad tip exhaust is coming.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
mbarn said:
I dont know if i am being anal or not, so i have some questions. Few things that concern me are:

1. Coming out of first gear letting off the clutch it sounds like a little rattling noise coming from the rear end or exhaust section.

QUOTE]

If you talking about a noise (rattling)with the car idling in neutral, that noise is normal. :cheers:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not idling in neutral. While disengaging the clutch in first gear it makes a noise from the rear

·
Registered
709 Posts
1. Normal

2. Probably a loose screw or wire harness behind the instrument cluster.

3. Do a search for "rocking seat". There's a TSB out regarding it - had mine replaced under warranty.

Al

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
#2 could be the hoses for the windsheild washers rattling against the firewall. Thats what one of the rattles on my car was anyhow. It sounded like it was coming from the guages. A little stick on foam pad fixed that problem nice and cheaply. :jammin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts