Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got an insider in at the Plant that can keep my car in "safe" storage for 2 months..?????

I scheduled for a build week of 2-11, but my NCM delivery is not until 4-15:mad: :mad:

My own doing, can't get back there until then.....

Any help is welcomed!:D

And no you local BG guys can't drive it home to "keep the battery charged up":lol: :lol:

Thanks!!!!!

:cheers:

·
Registered
764 Posts
You may know more about this than I do, but don't the NCM cars get shipped to a specific dealer for prep.? If this is the case can you call that dealer to arrange for them to "hold" you car inside. I don't think the plant will store your car inside.

Mark

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
It's Lots's brother Greasy:lol: :lol:

Usually picks up a race or 2 during the trip, but hey if it gets banged up, it's right there at the plant:eek:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Having been through the Museum Delivery experience, I can say without reservation that your car will be well taken care of. First, it goes through the normal factory quality check process. Then it is trucked to Cave City Chev where they go over the car very carefully while prepping it. Then, it is carefully driven back to the NCM where the Museum prep crew goes over the car yet again with a fine tooth comb - I know because I spoke to them at length during my delivery.

Check with Cave City Chev via Judy Yenko at the NCM, they wil accomodate your request if at all possible...

:)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I spoke with Judy last week, and she said it would probably sit outside for the 8 weeks.........:mad: :mad:

Just thought there might be that right someone at BG that knows that "one area" where it could be stashed safe and out of the way.....

Just an idea......I'm sure it will be fine sitting there in a Kentucky hail storm....:eek2: :cry: :eek2: :bang:

·
Registered
76 Posts
When I picked up my 2000 coupe at the museum, I was introduced to the guys who drove my car from Cave City. Both were decent guys who do this every day. They had prepped the car and cleaned it and then touched it up again at the museum. At the time I thought they did just an okay job. After picking up my Z at the dealer I have a whole new appreciation of the Cave City guys. I have washed my new Z06 twice and it is still not clean. I swear the dealer used Amour-All on the entire car. The only thing not prefect at the museum was a little dust by the tail light lenses.

Museum delivery is first class all the way.

Why not buy a car cover and send it to the Cave City Dealership?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Just a thought...couldn't you arrange with the dealer to store it inside in a self storage unit? About 50-75 dollars/month should cover it, I would think. There's probably one around there somewhere.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BlkZO6 said:
Just a thought...couldn't you arrange with the dealer to store it inside in a self storage unit? About 50-75 dollars/month should cover it, I would think. There's probably one around there somewhere.
Was told by the NCM folks, that it would be held in the BG plant overflow lot until it is dispatched to Cave City a few days before my delivery.......

·
Registered
778 Posts
fcalmes said:

No, they are trucked and prepped at I believe Cave City Chevrolet. They are then driven back to the NCM for final detailing.
Frank,

You are exactly correct. I went to Cave City Chevrolet to confirm that my Z had been through there. Man, is it ever TINY. :eek2: :eek2: . I think my garage is bigger-the "service manager" wears jeans and a lumberjack shirt!!!:eek: and sounded just like the "ID" good ole boy the cop stopped. Yeah, when he was pulled over and asked if he had any ID, he replied " 'Bout what":lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
fcalmes said:

No, they are trucked and prepped at I believe Cave City Chevrolet. They are then driven back to the NCM for final detailing.
Not any longer Frank, NCM does pre delivery inspections now. Or will be very soon.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1fastdog said:

Not any longer Frank, NCM does pre delivery inspections now. Or will be very soon.
That would be nice!!:yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts