Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently hit 493 miles and decided to change the oil. I replaced the oil with Mobil 1 and put in 6.5 quarts. When I restarted the car the check engine light came on. All of the gauges are reading fine and I have since restarted a few times and it remains on... Thanks in advance for your time......

·
Registered
0 Posts
Jake,

Are you displaying any codes?? Check the Owner FAQ area of the forum for instructions on how to obtain them. It's hard to say what is wrong without knowing what the codes are.

·
Registered
464 Posts
My check engine light came on after my car sat for a week or so
and I couldn't figure out why. I opened and closed the gas cap and got it up to temp and no light since?

Good luck,

2Charmed

·
Registered
0 Posts
Jake,

There is also a downloadable Word document in Owners Faq that describes all the codes. Hopefully one of our Vette Drs. will be able to help you. :)

Frank

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Evap system code

Hi there,
Your P1441 is an evaporative emission control code, which is telling you that your are burning the vapor that has been captured, when you should not be.
Not a big deal, and it is probably your purge control solenoid, located under your drivers side fuel rail cover. It probably not closing, creating this code.
Should not be a problem for your local dealer to correct.
Best toyou, c4c5

1 - 7 of 7 Posts