Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Boys, This Car is Badd!

848 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  jnation 
#1 ·
I've just returned from Memphis with "the car" and thought I would share my initial thoughts with you. I know there are other vendors that are very good, but I will make the long trip and utilize Karl Johanson for any corvette business from now on. Just a first class person that knows corvettes and people. Karl knew how anal I was about the car being just as it came from the factory, he asked if I wanted to leave the "slime" that comes on the cars (some type of protective coating), I chose not to be that extreme for various reasons. All plastics and so forth were there for me to remove when I got home.

The trip, wow there's a lot of road construction in Arkansas, I,m glad I trailered the car. Memphis, is there that much traffic all the time? At home, I'm impatient if I'm the third car at a light.

The car, what a machine! I don't have many miles, but I haven't turned the stereo or AC on because of the sound of the exhaust with the windows down, it's a rush. I can't find a reason to change shifters or anything else at this time because it works beautifully. The ride is great, nothing like the C4's some of my friends have. This car is begging for more throttle at 3000 rpm, but I'll break it in right. The paint is not perfect, but it's better than my wife's suburban and my pickup. I had purchased the CAGS defeat at Bloomington this past summer, I'm not sure I'll install the resistor, CAGS is not that troublesome. I remember changing a few diapers years ago with my now teenage daughters, so wiping that big butt on the car after driving it each time is no big deal. A lot of car for the money!

Jody

See less See more
#6 ·
CAGS?

What cags?-----I, like you see no reason to mess with a work of art. But personally, I like the sound of the pipes with the windows up---kinda thumps more that way.

Today at a gas station I had her running with both doors open....does this car rock to the left and right so hard that it looks like it is going to fly away?

I've seen planes with worse aerodynamics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.