Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally beat the demon clip and had a chance to install my BPP shifter today. Very nice unit. Install was straight forward and the results are very nice. Precise shifts, though a slight bit too much effort is necessary for my taste. I'm not sure what spring set the unit came with, so I'll give one of the others a shot at some point. I think I read, however, that the unit might "loosen" up after some use, so I'll gladly try that first..

No rattle issues as I have heard occasionally, and so far I'm giving 100% thumbs up.. :cheers:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I picked up the BPP shifter at Bloomington Gold and installed it last weekend. The springs in the unit are medium. I used the soft springs instead. Still have plenty of centering force for very fast 2-3 shifts. No vibration and almost as quiet as stock.
A great mod.
Chuck
2002 Z06

·
Registered
882 Posts
Did you go with the straight post or the angle? :-?

If you used the angle, how did set it up? With or without the shim? :-?

I have the Hurst "trumpet" and looking for a switch -- perhaps at the Fest! :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
reproman said:
Did you go with the straight post or the angle? :-?

If you used the angle, how did set it up? With or without the shim? :-?

I have the Hurst "trumpet" and looking for a switch -- perhaps at the Fest! :)

I went with the angled unit and actually used the angled shim as well to bring the shifter a slight bit toward me. With all the different setup options, I think it would be difficult NOT to find a comfortable shifter position.

I haven't used a hurst shifter so I couldn't comment on the comparison, but I'm definitely impressed with the BPP unit so far! :thumb:

·
Registered
141 Posts
installed my bpp 2 months ago. the shifts were very hard and didnt like it at first. 2 months later it feels like no effort to bang the gears. i wish i did this mod when i bought the car

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
xxsvtcobrakidxx said:
installed my bpp 2 months ago. the shifts were very hard and didnt like it at first. 2 months later it feels like no effort to bang the gears. i wish i did this mod when i bought the car

Do you think your description of "no effort" is a result of getting used to it, or the unit "breaking in"?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts