Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for something that I can put on the car for road trips...any suggestions? I don't want to spend a butt load, just a good one that can be put on and taken off easily without damaging the paint...any help would be great. Thanks. :usa:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Buy a full size bra, not a mini bra. I find most rock chip damage occurs on the leading surface of the hood, not on the fascia. I have the mini. You can find them at Mid America, Ecklers, and many of the forum vendors.

Chas.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
mdbennes said:
Looking for something that I can put on the car for road trips...any suggestions? I don't want to spend a butt load, just a good one that can be put on and taken off easily without damaging the paint...any help would be great. Thanks. :usa:
Can't help...the damned Speedlingerie bras are awesome but are ridiculously expensive for a bra. Usually if I pay that much, I don't want it wearing a bra... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just got a GM Z06 bra and it works great. Get yourself some 5/8 snap screws (7) from an upholstery shop while you're waiting for it to get here. When it does throw away their snaps and use the upholstery screws. Remove the tabs around the intake screens and leave one tab each top and bottom around your marker lights. I have a black Z and with a little care you'll not leave a mark anywhere. It fits great. :cheers:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Been looking at the Colgan line. Some nice features and pricing looks OK. :coo:

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I've been using the GM bra for a couple of years at around $100.00 with no issues.

Comes complete with mounting hardware.

Pat

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for all the info...I will look into your suggestions

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
mdbennes said:
Thanks guys for all the info...I will look into your suggestions
Another vote for the GM bra :cheers:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts

I'm happy with this one. Takes about 30-40 seconds to install, and stores in a small pouch.

·
Registered
92 Posts
reproman said:
Been looking at the Colgan line. Some nice features and pricing looks OK. :coo:
I have the Colgan on my Z and love it as it has savedme a multitude of times.

My father has the GM one on his vert. While mine covers more of the hood, they both work well. The only advantageof the GM one is that it has the snaps while the colgan has the tabs that you bend around the fender.

Just makesure to lean the hood and bumper extramely well before and after you use the bra!

·
Registered
73 Posts
How fast does the gm bra come off. Can you pop it off fast for a show. Mine is a fare weather flyer and I can't stand taking it out on the highway during the week with all the 18 wheelers kicking up the dust from the medians and no matter who you are behind the guy in front of you has to drive on the shoulder.Last time I had it on the highway I was dodging 3/4 minus bouncing from a dump truck. I bought mine used with 6200 on it and it has some rocker chips rigt behind the wheels, I am going to get the plastic covering to try and keep it down also.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I've got the GM bra as well, mounted with the provided hardware.

You can have it on or off in a couple of minutes, no problem.

I only use it for long haul trips, like going to the Fest and back.

Steve

·
Registered
327 Posts
GM bra here too, only way to go.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
smithsc said:
I've got the GM bra as well, mounted with the provided hardware.

You can have it on or off in a couple of minutes, no problem.

I only use it for long haul trips, like going to the Fest and back.

Steve
Ditto...easy on, easy off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i have a gm number of 12498286 for the z06 bra. my question is what about the license hole.i don't want a hole there. Is this the correct number?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also, where is the best place to buy a GM BRA? Best price that is...

Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts