Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mug: A friend of mine told me that braided brake lines would noticeably shorten my stopping distance and stopping power of my ZO6. Is this true? :roll: I find this kinda hard to believe. I thought braided lines were just more durable and looked better. If so where do I get them and who sells the best brand? :cheers:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
They offer a degree of increased safety and allow the driver to feel the brakes better with better modulation and feed back.

They do not expand under pressure when hot and are less suseptable to micro air entrainment and leaks.

They will not and do not decrease stopping distance.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Agreed. The only reason that one type of brake line would reduce braking effectiveness, or another improve it, is because one type of line holds pressure worse or better than the other.

The OEM rubber hoses might actually expand a little more under pressure than a braided line, but the difference would be negligable.

The primary justification for a braided line is that it is more rugged (steel braid is harder to cut than plain old rubber) and durable (it is nearly immune to failures due to weakness or fatigue in the rubber).

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks DJworm and Rocketsled! :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts