Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that my brakes are starting to "Chatter". My '01 was purchased with 6800 miles. I've driven about 300 miles since. Seems too soon for warped rotors. But then every American car I've owned does this. Don;t get me wrong, I absolutely love this beast, but then doesn't everyone? I hate brakin hard with the wheel shakin in my hands. Not a very secure feeling.

Anyway, my question is, has anyone gone with the Baer Rotors, etc? I was just looking at the Brembo site. Looks like about $3,500 for their complete system. That's rich. Anyones input would be greatly appreciated. Maybe it would be cheaper to just change rotors from time to time? I don't know, that's why I'm asking!

Also, has anyone gone with steel brake lines? Any difference?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Mine did the same thing. Had them surfaced, and it came back.....

Got a set of Eradispeeds, but yet to install :cry:

BTW, sign up in the member locator, there is a regional Z06Vette.com cruise in MD on the 13th......

Contact Roger Ramjet for more details or see Upcoming Events in the MidAtlantic region.......

JC

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
You will probably need.......

....new rotors. If you don't race I would buy the GM Performance rotors and have them cryo'd first and put on with a new set of quality pads or you could just put on the Baer Eradispeeds and Pads.

The Brembo Solution seems extreme if you don't race but if you do its the ultimate. Be sure the Brembo's will fit under the stock wheels though.

One further note, make sure the technician uses the hub cleaning tool be for putting on the new rotors. The hub surface should be pristene with no rust or dirt before reinstalling rotors.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Sometimes warped rotors are confused with the pulsing that comes from anti-lock brakes. I don't know if this is the case with yours, just something to think about.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
gnoub said:
I've noticed that my brakes are starting to "Chatter". My '01 was purchased with 6800 miles. Thanks!

gnoub, did you purchase from criswell? I'm inviting you to join CCA that meets for shop night third tuesday of the month (18th this month). And we want you to come with us this sunday on the So.Md. Tour! Call me at 301-405-8205. I bought my 99A4 from them and I experienced this "chatter" while racing a rustang on north 97 last summer. It felt really horrendous. The front end felt like it was gonna vibrate off! :eek2: Took it in and they replaced the pads and turned the rotors. Not under warranty of course! :mad: But this did fix it. Hope I don't experience this on my Z06! :eek2:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. Definately not ABS pulsing.

See you at Criswell and the cruise.

Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts