Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Z in today to the dealer due to ABS/Traction Control light. Was quoted $935 for the Electronic brake module and $260 for the install. Holy crap! Please tell me I have an alternative to this jive!

How hard is it to install this, anyone with experience out there?

Can I get the part elsewhere, maybe at a wreckig yard or ebay?

Please help!

Troy :jawdrop:

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
no warranty?

humm I might be tempted to go to another dealership for a 2nd opinion-how are the brake module and the ABS light related?

I have had my ABS light come on and my dealership checked it, all was working, and reset the DIC

speaking of DIC's-what comes up on your history codes?

·
Registered
806 Posts
My Service ABS, TC/AH has came on before. Pushed the TC button on the center console and nothing happen. I ran the codes and discovered it was a history code that has never been erased. I just used the DIC and removed it (I think it just deletes it temporaily) and everything works fine. I even took it out in the rain to test the TC and it worked as intended(Spinning the tires untill TC appears in the DIC and you feel the TC kick in). You may want to try this before you take it to the dealer. If you have to buy the part, get the part #, go to gmpartsdirect.com and enter the #. Usually about 50% cheaper. Good luck! :z:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sgt. Pyle,

How did you resolve the problem by using the DIC? I'm a rookie, sorry.

The code that the dealer found was c1214.

The dealer checked the "birthday" and the warranty expired September of last year. The car is a '02.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Use this link........http://www.stengel.net/diccodes.htm
I dont know who originally posted this but they are a lifesaver and kudo's to them! :thumb: Follow the steps completly and you will be able to run your codes and remove as nessary. I think it also contains the all the codes you may encounter. Let me know how it all turns out. Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I had mine replaced under warranty.

You may want to check all wiring, if the codes reappear. It seems when the car is put under stress some of the wiring may pull too tight and bend plugs or come loose. Or if you do a high speed 540 degree spin off track like I did stuff can fly up and damage or disconnect different harnesses, etc....

All this fancy stuff is neat until it breaks.

An extended warranty is the answer.

:zboobie:

·
Registered
806 Posts
SGT. PYLE said:
Use this link........http://www.stengel.net/diccodes.htm
I dont know who originally posted this but they are a lifesaver and kudo's to them! :thumb: Follow the steps completly and you will be able to run your codes and remove as nessary. I think it also contains the all the codes you may encounter. Let me know how it all turns out. Good luck! :cheers:
By the way, It may be a good idea to print this off and keep a copy in your car just in case you ever need it on the road. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
tgamueda said:
Sgt. Pyle,

How did you resolve the problem by using the DIC? I'm a rookie, sorry.

The code that the dealer found was c1214.

The dealer checked the "birthday" and the warranty expired September of last year. The car is a '02.

Thanks again.
I had this on my car. I could not reset it through the DIC. When I took it to the dealer they could not clear it with the Tech II. Come to find out it was a faulty module as well. This does effect the AH/TC light even though it was the ABS brake module. It sets the code you mentioned and set off the light as well. As I remember the part was in the $500 range, but was taken care of under warranty. Good luck on the reset. I hope it works for you, but if not I would shop around for the part. :cheers:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I printed the codes yesterday from Pyle's post, haven't attempted anything yet. Will try today and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again guys.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Just do it yourself for less than 1/2 of that price. To bad your all the way out in CO. I'd help you install it for free. maybe abother forum member can help you out.

Joe

tgamueda said:
Took the Z in today to the dealer due to ABS/Traction Control light. Was quoted $935 for the Electronic brake module and $260 for the install. Holy crap! Please tell me I have an alternative to this jive!

Please help!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know if it is a GM thing but, my parents had a couple of Cadillacs with horrendous electrical problems. They got wise and bought a Lexus, that thing is bulletproof!

If the Japanese only built a cool looking v-8 sports car!

·
Registered
3 Posts

Please help!

same thing for me today except my part was $1200.00

1 - 18 of 18 Posts