Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I need brakes on my 01 zo6 and I want to know what kind of pads to go with. Should i use the the stock pads again or should I get the ebc, hawks or something aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
HAWKS are very good.. if you track or autox..
they squeek like hell.. very embarrasing to drive if you just cruize..
they are [email protected]@
i like them for the autox , however

·
Registered
267 Posts
If your driving is limited to the street, the stock Z06 pads are fine, If you track the car, then get Hawk, Carbotech, etc.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
GM Ceramic Disc Brake Pads (C5/Z06)

Great braking performance with less brake dust

Part# 88909667 (Front)
Part# 88909668 (Rear)

·
Registered
518 Posts
This question cannot be answered without knowing what you plan to do with the car.

I'd say use the stockers again IMHO. If you want less dusting and no squealing, you can pic up a set of coupe/vert C5 pads for next to nothing and still retain good stopping power.

I hated the ceramics, they had VERY poor performance IMHO, and they do dust (FAR less, but you still need to clear the wheels). Had a buddy fracture a stock rotor (undrilled) with them since they heat the rotors more than the stock pads.

The street hawks seem to be equal to the stock Z pads, and the blues aren't well loved by the track guys.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I put in the GM Ceramic Pads and couldn't be happier. My beast is a daily driver and I do not campaign it. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts