Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly hello all. This is my first post on here so bear with me if it's a stupid question. I did search first but didn't find the answer so apologies if I searched wrong.

I just bought a 2007 Z06 to give me a taste of North America along with my 2008 M3 (moved here from Ireland) and managed to get a weeks driving before I put it away for the winter. I had the wheels off and noticed that the pads are individual for each brake caliper. I did a quick search and all the pads I can find seem to come in sets of 2. Does this mean that I need to buy 3 sets for each side at the front and 2 sets per side at the rear?
It seems if that's the case a brake pad change will cost over $2,000???
Is this correct or are they sold in full sets? That would seem a bit steep IMO.

Thanks in advance
Looking forward to Spring for some decent driving.

P.S.
Any tips on winter storage appreciated. I'll be searching too.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I don't know where you are looking but the correct brake pads for the C6 Z06 do come in full sets. Possibly you are looking at pads for the regular C6 for which there are 2 pads per side. Another possibility is there are pads available that do have only 2 large pads per side for the C6 Z06. Just confirm before you buy that the pads are for a Z06.

I suggest you get a float type battery charger for storage and anytime the car is not driven regularly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Terry.
I'll call them before I order.
Do you have idea what sort of price I should be paying?

I don't know where you are looking but the correct brake pads for the C6 Z06 do come in full sets. Possibly you are looking at pads for the regular C6 for which there are 2 pads per side. Another possibility is there are pads available that do have only 2 large pads per side for the C6 Z06. Just confirm before you buy that the pads are for a Z06.

I suggest you get a float type battery charger for storage and anytime the car is not driven regularly.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Thanks Terry.
I'll call them before I order.
Do you have idea what sort of price I should be paying?
I have seen prices but do not recall what they were. Since they are not an every day pad line the regular C6 the price will be on the high side. Depending on what type of pads you want I would check various suppliers and vendors. There is one pad manufacturer out there that claims to have a very good line of pads. And they may but they are very pricey. I keep hoping that Raybestos/GM will come out with the dura stop ceramic pads for the C6 Z06. I had them on my 02 Z and they were great.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Make sure you look into the Carbotech pads, they are reasonably priced and are the only pads made that have non corrosive dust to protect your wheels and paint from stains and pitting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Make sure you look into the Carbotech pads, they are reasonably priced and are the only pads made that have non corrosive dust to protect your wheels and paint from stains and pitting.
Muchos grassyarse. I got the shit scared out of me when I started to calculate the prices I was looking at and it was coming out at over $2,000 a set. I nearly puked. I bought this as a second car for fun and not for throwing crazy servicing money at.

Thanks again

·
Registered
526 Posts
I bought a full set of Hawk HPS padlets (20) for $221 shipped to my door. I checked the dealership, OEM padlets are $400 per axle. Are you sure you need to replace your padlets? The Z06 is incredibly easy to change padlets, btw.

As far as winter storage goes~
1. Fill up your fuel tank and add a stabilizer.
2. Use a smart charger (I use a Schmucher.)
3. Change your oil if you are < 30% oil life left.
4. Keep your tires @ 30PSI.
5. Spread some "mothballs" around your engine compartment. (This will minimize rodent damage.) Don't forget to remove prior to "springtime startup!"
6. A cover might not be a bad idea.

Don't bother starting your car up during the winter hybernation. It does more harm than good. (Unless you run it for an hour or so.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts