Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the word from LAPD that they have no idea when more Hawk pads are going to be available. Is there a general shortage right now? Are Carbotech pads available? Where are you folks getting your pads, if you don't mind sharing. Thanks.
--Yak

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Yakisoba said:
Just got the word from LAPD that they have no idea when more Hawk pads are going to be available. Is there a general shortage right now? Are Carbotech pads available? Where are you folks getting your pads, if you don't mind sharing. Thanks.
--Yak
Carbotech pads at PFYC over to the left. :cheers:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Carbotech.

Everything will be in short supply as far as race pads go with the runoffs coming up.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Where's your Z06 badge? Do you still have the factory red calipers? No tint windows? At least you have the shorty antenna!

I'm just giving you a hard time. :p

In truth, I wanted the quicksilver or the pewter instead of the speeding ticket torch red.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Contact Larry and Matt Narcus at carbotecheng.com. 11s up front and 10s rear are the full race set up right now that we are all running. For DE stuff, anything lower than that is perfect.

Awesome pads and company!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Yak,
In 03, tried the PFC01, Hawk HT14 and Carbotech XP9 front, XP8 rear and like Wtknight, I too settled on the Carbotechs, which performed as well as the others at a notably lower cost. Since then, Carbotech has come out with the 10s and this year, the 11s. I've progressively stepped up. For my last two races this year, both wins against a field that included SCCA World Challenge Driver Stan Wilson, I was on the XP11 front, XP10 rear. As a side benefit, these pads are not metallic, so the brake dust won't rust on your wheels.

I get mine direct from Carbotech, but as mentioned above, forum vendor PYFC.com also carries them at a fair price. :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts