Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both front rotors warped. Dealer turned them and car feels good again.

Curious if anyone else had this problem? Haven't seen any posts. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
528 Posts
Glad to hear you got your problem fixed.
I would have pushed the dealer for new rotors. They will likely warp again over time.
My two cents

01 Z06 -MY/BLK,Zaino,Lowered,Ripper,Halltech Tric Ti,MAG,Magic Box - No time slips yet
92 RS ProStreet Camaro (454) - Best E.T to date 10.15 @ 136 mph

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Correction, the WILL warp over time. I had mine cut at 6k miles. At 13k the pulsation was BAD. I then discovered I could minimize it by using a very specific torque sequence. But, the pulsation came back, not nearly as bad but it did. Finally Chevy changed out the rotors for me, and I haven't had a problem since (using the same torque sequence).

Heres the important part: DO NOT LET THE MECHANIC USE A TORQUE STICK AND AN IMPACT. NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY DON'T LET THEM DO THIS.

Use a torque wrench, step the torque down. And if you use lube on the threads (as you should, but chevy says no), use 85ft-lbs. 100lbs dry. If you use lube, and tighten to 100lbs, you WILL kill the studs.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all,

I think if it happens again we may try some of those jobs with holes and slots.. Baer

2k ;)

Luv the new site!!!!! :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Junk the factory rotors and go for cross drilled and vented rotors, once the factories are warped they are history. If the dealer is lucky turning them might get you through warentee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts