Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at replacing my stock rotors on my 01 Z..My current rotors are beginning to show signs of warp..

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced alternative for replacements?

I track the car from time to time..(road course)

I read here that some recommended the cross drilled from GM parts direct,and they looked good..

Just wondering if were any other options out there..

What are a good pad to run for street/track use??

Also who has a good price on braided brake lines and speed bleeders??

Thanks a ton :guiness:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Andrew,

Take a look at the package from Vette Brakes & Products (VBP). It includes slotted rotors, Hawk pads, SS lines (AN), and Speed Bleeders for around $800. I have used this kit on my car and it has worked great on the track. They are also good guys to deal with. I think it is the best package out there for a reasonable price and I have many track days (road course) with this set-up with excellent results.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I just use OEM rotors from Napa who sells them for $25 a pop. Disposable items for me.

DRM brake ducts, Goodridge SS lines with AN fittings and Wilwood EXP 600 Plus fluid. Note: most of this isn't compatible with your warranty. :D

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Subdriver said:
I just use OEM rotors from Napa who sells them for $25 a pop. Disposable items for me.

DRM brake ducts, Goodridge SS lines with AN fittings and Wilwood EXP 600 Plus fluid. Note: most of this isn't compatible with your warranty. :D
Andrew, you'll find most of the SCCA drivers like Subdriver use the stock rotors for the reason's stated above. My first mistake was buying drilled and slotted. They cracked very quickly and they are not cheap. $25 a pop is the way to go if you plan on lots of track time. If not and you want some looks, go slotted. If more for looks buy the cast rotors with holes and slots like the Baer Eradispeed's.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Bob Cooper said:
Andrew,

Take a look at the package from Vette Brakes & Products (VBP). It includes slotted rotors, Hawk pads, SS lines (AN), and Speed Bleeders for around $800. I have used this kit on my car and it has worked great on the track. They are also good guys to deal with. I think it is the best package out there for a reasonable price and I have many track days (road course) with this set-up with excellent results.
I agree - got a set of the VBP front slotted, cryoed, lightweight rotors (aluminum hats) for Xmas and have been very pleased with them. Unless they were designed from scratch to be drilled, drilled rotors are street bling items only - prone to cracking. Interesting that GM put these on the Z51 packaged C6s.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Napa also sells rotors that are drilled and slotted for about $50 each. I have no idea if they are any good. I went with the Napa using the logic that if they are good enough for the T1 guys, they will certainly do what I am asking them to do.

Since I am not concerned with getting through a T1 inspection, I do wonder if the drilled Napa rotors make sense for the occasional tracker - less than 10 days per year.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Andrew:
In addition to the above, run a keyword search on component items here on the forum. Many threads here on components and packages, with above contributors included. :idea:

·
Registered
806 Posts
I use the OEM rotors with Cobalt break pads, awesome improvement in braking, and great for track use. One draw back is they squeak a little in normal driving.

·
Registered
391 Posts
rotors as disposables.

Once you get the knack of changing rotors,i.e., jack from the side with your aluminum racer jack, put one jack stand near the front for protection, it is no trick at all. I agree with subdriver, dmnt and others. I chatted with Scotty B White's chief engineer who said they buy them (the NAPA cheapies or equiv.) by the pallet load.
PS, Brad, don't know if you got my other msg to C66Racing re my first div officer and longtime friend having met Dennis Wilkinson a couple months ago. I think he went to PCO school, too.
[email protected]
I know, it should be bobz06, but "CinC House" wont let me change it.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts