Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've solved the brake dust problem with ceramic pads and I use Zaino products constantly. I even ran through some concrete slurry which resisted all efforts at removal, until my friendly body shop man sprayed the concrete with WD-40 and Zippp, all gone!

However,everytime I take the beast for a blast out in the country (weekly) I collect an unsightly mess of dead insects on the front of my black car. I have used Zaino Gloss Enhanser, Z-2, Z-5 and lots of elbow grease to eventually remove the residue, but this must be done before the sun bakes the remains. Surely there is a better way!

Share your solution, please!!

Curtis

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I fell your pain. Either buy a Bra or drive it back-wards :lol:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I hear ya. My 04 is black and the bugs are always a problem. I have been contemplating getting a front bra, but dont want the scratches and dust/dirt buildup. Also been thinking about the amourglove but havent done it yet. I just make sure the car is waxed really good. Each time I get home from a cruise I wipe the car down. Paying special attention to the front fascia. I use a microfiber towel and some spray detailer.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
OK, this is one of my concourse tricks, but for you guys. I take Clear plastic wrap, (yes handy wrap) I spray a little bottled water and apply the wrap over the front. I use a squeegee to smooth out. If you take car it is almost invisible. When you get to the show or were ever you just peal off and wipe down with spray detailer. You do not want to leave on for more then a day.

Now If I could get some tear offs for the windshield.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Bugs on the front of a car are a Wicked Bother here too for the month or so of summah that we have. The wax base keeps them sticking for very long unless you let them bake for days. If you have a good was base the pressure washer will ususally knock them right off. If they do get baked...soaking with window spray for a few min helps to loosen them...mineral spirits for hard cases,,,but then there goes the wax !!
Driving backwards creates a host of obvious problems and then you find that you must clean them still....bunched up in the taillights and baked on the exhaust :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
Mark Olson said:
OK, this is one of my concourse tricks, but for you guys. I take Clear plastic wrap, (yes handy wrap) I spray a little bottled water and apply the wrap over the front. I use a squeegee to smooth out. If you take car it is almost invisible. When you get to the show or were ever you just peal off and wipe down with spray detailer. You do not want to leave on for more then a day.
Do you just do the front or do you go up on the hood/lights some? And does it stay on at highway speeds? :)

Any particular brand of wrap you like? :sneaky:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Like some of the other fellas here, I just wipe the car down after each run. No big deal and a nice way to wind down after a number of hours on the road.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
After a cruise, i just squirt on some Zaino Gloss Enhancer, and they come right off. The key is to do it right away and not let them sit overnight and start etching into the clear. If you have ever been down south in love bug season:eek: Nuff Said :mad:

Jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts