Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I though you'd like to know that our beloved Corvette C6 Z06 is the new standing mile record holder ( FIA- class 18- NA engines over 6000cm3 ) here in Brazil with 172,702 MPH.
The car competed in the stock sport class ( only ecu tune/ air intake and exhaust mods are allowed )
Funny thing is I missed 3rd gear and only completed the shift after three attempts. This never happened to me ever!! I think it's because for the first time ever I decided to use the launch control and was surprised by how fast the car took off!! :lol:
So I know I can improve next time.
The previous record was 168,237 MPH of a stock Mercedes SLS 63 AMG.
This kind of racing are new here so the records are not much, I know.
But it's getting interesting rapidly.
Greetings,
Marcelo

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
:coo: Nice to be on top! At least you have a place to run a standing mile, most here in the USA do not have that luxury. Enjoy!

·
9,755 Posts
Way to go Marcelo! Nice job! :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks, guys! I knew you would like the news.
It's a hard battle with more modern and exotic cars with those super fast paddle shifts, but I'll hang on!
I really learn a lot from the all the posts here so I have to thank you guys.
I know it's not much of a top speed but it's only the 2nd year we race the standing mile and of course there are much faster cars in the modded classes with twin turbos and such.
But in the NA engines with just ecu tune/intake/exhaust and considering the hot weather and altitude, speeds won't be great.
In fact, even considering I screw up the 3rd shift I'm pretty sure my speed wouldn't be much higher than let's say...176mph?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts