Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new ZO6 and I was wondering what your recommendations are for a break-in? Some people say that you don't have to worry about new cars, others say 500 miles.

If it's 500 miles, I am going to have to take it on a long trip becuase I don't think that I will be able to stay off the gas for that long driving it around town /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Also, is there anything special I should know about oil? Best type to use? When to switch to synth?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Stick to the 500 mile breakin period. I changed my oil at 500 miles and am on a 3000 mile interval now. Follow factory recommendations as listed in your manual.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

What kind of oil are you using? (It should be delivered this week!) I can't wait to drive this car....I have never seen it in real life or even driven a vette before. (Talk about total rook huh?) I have always wanted one....a dream come true)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
HI there, and congratulations on the new Z,
As for break in, you may experience up to 5000 miles before your engine is truly broken in, and you can change your oil when ever you like.
Normally, I wait for 3000 miles with my customers, as the breakin is substantially less, due to the use of synthetic oil.
You should use Mobil 1 5W30, and the filter is a AC delco, PF44.
You capacity is 6.5 quarts, with about 15 minutes drain time.
Once again, congrat on your new Z, I know you will love it, c4c5

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
HI again,
NO, as using mineral oil in c5 will void the warranty on your engine.
Your engine will take up to 5000 miles to breakin, and if you have a clutch, use a light foot for the first 2000 miles.
Take care, 5w30 Mobil 1 is what is required, c4c5

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stay with Mobil 1. First change: anytime between 500 & 1000 miles. Vary your RPM up to your first oil service. Do not use your cruise control duing this period of time. Lastly, enjoy this one "fabulous" car.

·
Registered
457 Posts
You must have over 500 miles by now /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Did you follow the factory method /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Now go out and have FUN /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shiney side UP /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
IMBLISS:

Welcome to the forum!

Follow your owner's manual for the break in.

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts