Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 6 speed Auto paddle shifter will be unvailed on the '06 C6 Corvette but NOT on the Z06 C6 Corvette.

It will only be available on the Coupe & Vert.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
That is correct. It has been confirmed on a recent visit to BG. It does NOT include the 06 C6Z06.

No news when or if sequential, dual clutch shifting will happen on the Z06.

DJWorm said:
The 6 speed Auto paddle shifter will be unvailed on the '06 C6 Corvette but NOT on the Z06 C6 Corvette.

It will only be available on the Coupe & Vert.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
2001Z06 said:
No news when or if sequential, dual clutch shifting will happen on the Z06.
That's what hoping to see. :yeadog:

·
Registered
384 Posts
I take it that this is a planetary style transmission?

·
Registered
638 Posts
I hope its not the ones you see on a Lexus IS300.

It'd be nice if its something similar to the ones in the F430 - auto blips every downshift.

·
Registered
864 Posts
SexyLex said:
I hope its not the ones you see on a Lexus IS300.

It'd be nice if its something similar to the ones in the F430 - auto blips every downshift.
Yeah my M3 does that and it's really cool. The Gallardo system also sounds cool. My 355 doesn't do that but it's a better tranny than the M3 is. That's a hard tranny to get just right. It took BMW and Ferrari quite a while to do it. Lets hope Chevy learns from their mistakes.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I can't wait to see the cost for that piddle paddle shifter! I will stick with the stick on all my corvettes and other sportscars. :guiness:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
RFC2 said:
I have to say a big whoop de doo on shifting an automatic on the steering wheel :-?
Are we sure it is not a manual transmission, 6 speed, with an automatic clutch and shifting? This is how BMW and Ferrari do it. You get none of the mechanical slippage inherent in a paddle-shifted slushbox and this is, of course, how it is done in F1 cars and many other high-end race cars.

Paddle shifted or other manuals that do not need manual clutching are the way of the future because you can down shift very quickly without adversely affecting your braking pressure. No matter how good a driver you are, with heel and toe downshifting you will vary your pressure on the brakes as you downshift.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yeah, dad gum it, I'm keeping the kick-start on my Harley too... damn whippersnappers! :mah:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Can't say I'm that excited by paddle shifters, bit of a gimmic IMHO. Driven the M3 with SMG quite a few times, and it doesn't really do it for me. Personally, shifting and using the clutch is part of the skill of driving. It's technically impressive, but makes driving boring.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Chris Holmes said:
Personally, shifting and using the clutch is part of the skill of driving.
Indeed, and it's a very good argument for banning such systems in racing.

The main reason F1 allowed the systems to begin with was as a cost control measure intended to keep drivers from overreving or blowing engines due to missed shifts.

·
Registered
752 Posts
As long as I can still get a 6-speed manual I could care less what other bells and whistles GM wants to try. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
And knowing how GM executes "cutting edge technology" - no thanks.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Think I'll just order the dummy "paddle shifter" lookalike kit and put in on the '03Z06. Who's going to order an 06 C6 with the auto trans? :bang: :screwy:

Bob :cool:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Cool to know.

Alex :jammin:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts