Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ernie, I thought you might have had trouble so here's the sheet.

I'll let you tell everyone what made these numbers :eek:

JC

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
BrianK, I am 90% certain that part 1 of your question is correct and part 2 is incorrect - not JC's car. If I am correct, this individual's car was also sporting a Vortex intake. Hopefully the individual whose car it is will shortly step forward. I knew about this test and I was waitng for it eagerly. My remaining serious reservations revolve around the potential for exhaust leaks between the various separable components of these headers. Also, still wish they were offered in stainless, although I understand the mild steel used is thicker than the TPIS units...

Even though it is a Mustang dyno - so the overall power readings are likely to be, shall we say "optimistic", I am definitely impressed with the relative gains shown

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All I can say is that both before and after dynos had the Vortex, so that has nothing to do with the deltas ;)

Ernie! Tell em!

JC

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
New BPP Step Headers Installed Today

The install took most of the day and I have to prepare my 2 Vettes for the Orlando event over the weekend so I will have to report back on Monday. Stay tuned....Fubu69/Les BTW It's Killer:eek: :D ;) :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Those are great numbers for a Vortex and headers!

I wonder how much some MAFTing or PCM work might improve things?

So what do you guys think.. Will most dealers still warranty a car with headers and no cats??

I'm not talking about stuff that might be blamed on the headers (like a miss, knock, etc). I mean expensive stuff that might break - broken rockers, trans, etc..

Looking forward to hearing how the install went.. And how your LTFT's are looking :)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
BrianK, my dealership (Criswell Chevrolet) will not give me grief about long tubes on an '02 - since cats remain in stock position. As for the fuel trim tables, once I get done with choosing and installing a set of headers to complement my other mods, I will be heading back to Woodbridge dyno to do some pulls and dyno tuning. I guess we will not know anything about LTFTs until then. Also, if i am not going beyond this level of mods, I may stick with the stock injectors, not move up to the 30 lbs units...

Like I said in another post some time ago - shortly there will be twice as many headers on the market available to us - BPPs is one of those.

Stay tuned, I may have some pretty interesting news late next week...;)

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The numbers above reflect BPP Headers, Vortex AND off road X-pipe (cat delete). Ernie thinks about 11-15HP of the above gain is due to the X Pipe.....

JC

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
JC, that is interesting info re the off road pipe and it's possible effect on power. I have continued my dialogue with the FLP folks, and they are getting ready to go into prod with their exhaust component system which includes headers, and high flow cats which can easily be swapped out for off road pipes. I believe that the Feb issue of Vette will have a test of this system....

The system isn't exactly inexpensive but might be just the ticket for those who do a lot of weekend racing...

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After that last post I should reiterate that the Vortex was a constant in the before and after. Meaning it was on for both runs....The only change was the headers and Xpipe.....

JC

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
So the headers and the X-pipe were worth ~28 rwhp? That is an amazing increase. Are these the long tube headers with removable collector that was posted a month or so ago? Have you heard the cost of this combination yet? installed?

Don

·
Registered
15 Posts
Breathless Headers

I am impressed with the 28 RWHP increase with the new breathless long tubes and X-pipe. Those results are on a 2002, so results should be more on a 2001 since the install would also remove the 5-10 hp robbing precats. I am getting the system installed with a bassini x-pipe in about 3 or so weeks when we can get the headers and will post an update at that time.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don, talk to FUBU, he just had the same headers installed, he's very impressed with the results :D

JC

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Thanks JC, I will have to get in touch with Les and get more info. If this is as good as it sounds, I may have to make that 2 1/2 hour drive down to see Ernie. Thanks for the post JC.

Don

1 - 14 of 14 Posts