Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so its not installed yet, will be tomorrow!

Most of you have followed the harness and bar threads and a couple have anxiously awaited this install (Jason!, but now he's on vacation!) and the time has come.

Note: I did not receive this product for free or guarantee any endorsements, just like all products we test at Z06Vette.com. We're fair and on the up and up here. Let's get to the meat!

I have to say with everyone using BK bars, I was a bit skeptical about the Breathless bar at first because it would seem more people would have it and the information on the Breathless site is almost nonexistant (Get that fixed Ernie! ;) ) but the UPS guy pulled up as I was Zainoing Bandit2 today and boy was I jacked!

The packaging was incredible, all neatly wrapped in bubblewrap and taped (with the Breathless logo tape!) in seperate packages to protect the finish. Nice touch. Speaking of the finish, its a nice gloss black and every part it finished, no missing paint in bolt holes, etc.....details, details, details.

All hardware came pre-installed, bolts were in their proper holes with washers and grade 8 certified. Camera mount and fire ext. mount was pre-installed and was not optional, it came with it, saves me another order. One negative here was that the camera plate is not drilled.....I assume this is so I can mount whatever fixture I need to on it, ie, and insulated rubber mount.....if it came with one of these that would be a super positive.

Anyway, unlike the BK, the Breathless bar requires no awkward supports to prevent twisting, instead it relies on 2 bolts on a plate which goes to the shoulder belt mounts, again, very low key, which is exactly what I was looking for from this setup. Also, the kit comes with rails that mount under the seats which provide attachment points for the lap belts and sub belt. All very "tuckable", perfect for my application where I don't want them seen when not in use.

I also like the bolt in arrangement for the belts, this looks more finished in my opinion. A very professional looking piece indeed.

I'll be following up hopefully tomorrow night with the install pics and my first impression is that this is a SERIOUS threat to the BK bar....The BK is a GREAT bar no doubt, but for personal reasons stated above, this is much more fitting my application......

Stay tuned! MUCH more to come......

JC

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Thanks for the report JC. Is this a new product designed for Z06, i.e. not compatible with C5 coupe or convertible? Pls show pics on how to attach the belts. How much is this product?

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dsinned, I think it fits all C5's......the price is $390 but I think forum members get 10% off.......

DJ, not sure, how can I tell? Never used a fire extinguisher in a car before.....

JC

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well is it installed yet?

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I was writing the whole review first but here are some pics.....

From the rear, passenger belts in place, driver next......

Low profile, round tubing, very clean. The flash turned my carpet grey, but the match is much closer in real life......Gloss finish.

Passenger side, belts installed, tucked away, VERY clean....

Belts untucked, ready for use, 1 minute after pic above.....

Full review, etc coming soon........

JC

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks JC, looking forward to reading the report.

ACE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts