Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Great condition with only a couple of nicks in the shaft caused by the set screw from my shift knob. These sell for $229 new, will sell for $160 shipped. See this link for pics (I have the angled shaft) http://www.breathlessperformance.co...cts/100-262.asp
Just removed this from my car over the weekend; I have had a Hurst, a shortened stock and the BPP shifter in my car and have concluded that an aftermarket shifter is not for me. Love the precise feel but dislike the added effort needed with the aftermarket shifters. I had no noise with this one (unlike the Hurst) but still prefer the effortless motion of stock; my loss is your gain.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
TOOGECKO said:
Great condition with only a couple of nicks in the shaft caused by the set screw from my shift knob. These sell for $229 new, will sell for $160 shipped. See this link for pics (I have the angled shaft) http://www.breathlessperformance.co...cts/100-262.asp
Just removed this from my car over the weekend; I have had a Hurst, a shortened stock and the BPP shifter in my car and have concluded that an aftermarket shifter is not for me. Love the precise feel but dislike the added effort needed with the aftermarket shifters. I had no noise with this one (unlike the Hurst) but still prefer the effortless motion of stock; my loss is your gain.
do you have all the springs that came with the unit? If so i will take it for 150 shipped :) not that 10 bux make a diffrence i just like 150 number better :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have all the springs, plus a couple of extra. I think $175 sounds even better, but I thought 160 would be a good deal! :ity:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
TOOGECKO said:
I have all the springs, plus a couple of extra. I think $175 sounds even better, but I thought 160 would be a good deal! :ity:

alright alright you win 160 it is. How long did you have the shifter on your car for and what sprin settings are you using stock or one of the less hard ones?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MrKool said:
alright alright you win 160 it is. How long did you have the shifter on your car for and what sprin settings are you using stock or one of the less hard ones?
Shifter has about 2000 mi. on it. Used the soft springs and even tried some "aftermarket" springs that were lighter than the ones supplied. The soft springs that came with the shifter felt the best as the lighter ones made effort easier but didn't provide as much as a self-centering feature.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
TOOGECKO said:
Shifter has about 2000 mi. on it. Used the soft springs and even tried some "aftermarket" springs that were lighter than the ones supplied. The soft springs that came with the shifter felt the best as the lighter ones made effort easier but didn't provide as much as a self-centering feature.
so where and how do you like to gots paid ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's hard to answer a post like that with a straight reply... but I will! :bang:

You can Paypal me if you like at [email protected] or send me an e-mail at same address and I can give you an address for check/money order.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Just to let you know, the tension of the springs has no effect on the stiffness of gear changes. It only affects the self-centering, which I have found to be important for 2-3, and 4-5 changes. Just another thing in life where stiffer is better. ;)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
TOOGECKO said:
It's hard to answer a post like that with a straight reply... but I will! :bang:

You can Paypal me if you like at [email protected] or send me an e-mail at same address and I can give you an address for check/money order.

money sent via paypal :) waiting for the shifter now :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts