Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I messed up by putting this cam in my Vette. I did cam, headers, heads reworked, intake and a tune. The car made 600 to the rear wheel but it bucks and stutters all the way to about 1800 RPM no matter what gear I'm in. Is this cam tuneable and streetable?

·
21,382 Posts
The bigger the cam the more difficult it is to tune to civility. That's a hard fact of life. If you plan on spending a lot of time on the street you might want to look into a smaller cam.

I know I will get some flak on this but this is what I've seen in my experience. You could try another tune to see if it can be smoothed out at low RPM. Perhaps a speed density tune will work for you.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You may want to call and speak to someone at BTR and see if the what you are experiencing are normal characteristics of the cam, most likely what you are experiencing is just the nature of the beast. With only 112* of cam lob separation it's never going to have any idle quality or drive-ability until you get further up in the RPM range. I would guess that your car now is slower overall with this cam on the street, than it was with the stock cam. I am surprised you have any vacuum for your power brakes at idle too.
This seems to me pretty much the old line, great dyno numbers, but in the real world, the mods don't work well with daily driving. If you are track only great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I found a tuner that's local that says he can tune it to where its streetable. Only going to cost $550.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts