Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

The worst part is that the broken piece is stuck in there, My Dad told me of a product/tool thats called something like Easy Remove for situations like this, I have the new bolt already, Im driving as is with the broke one dummied in :screwy:

Im ready to fix this, any good ideas???

thanx in advance, luis

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You need an easy-out extracter. You should be able to pick one up at pretty much any hardware store. (they look something like this)

To use it, take a hammer and tap an indentation into the top of the bolt with a spike or a phillips head screwdriver. Then drill a small hole in the top of the bolt where you made the indentation. Put in the extractor and back the bolt out. BE CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK THE EXTRACTOR OFF IN THE BOLT. If it isn't coming out easily, heat the area with a torch, then touch the bolt with an ice cube and try again. Keep a fire extinguisher close by just in case..... Also, be super careful not to scratch the metal around the bolt on the head, or you might create an oil leak.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx, my Dad has the one on that pic, I picked up one of those similar but flutted which makes then diamond shaped sort of, there was none of that shape you posted small enough, Im going to give a try here in a bit :blush:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts