Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cracked my rear leaf spring, one of my exhaust cut-outs was blowing right on it and cracked it. The dealer want's $1,100.00 dollars for the part and installation.

I have a buddy who is willing to give me a new rear leaf spring off of a 2001 Z is this the same spring as a 2004 Z

Thank you in advance

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
Morzoff said:
I cracked my rear leaf spring, one of my exhaust cut-outs was blowing right on it and cracked it. The dealer want's $1,100.00 dollars for the part and installation.

I have a buddy who is willing to give me a new rear leaf spring off of a 2001 Z is this the same spring as a 2004 Z

Thank you in advance

Mike
Same spring
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,557 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
21,351 Posts
If you could get it for free, it might worth installing although there is a slight difference in stiffness. You probably won't be able to tell the difference unless you track your car.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's all.

I will be getting the spring for free, I will let you know if there is a difference :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
971 Posts
Same Spring. Unless GM pulled a fast one mid-year and did not tell anyone. They never do that..... :crazy:

Morzoff, only you could break a leaf spring.

P.S. Tell the dealer where he can insert his spring.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grim Reaper said:
Same Spring. Unless GM pulled a fast one mid-year and did not tell anyone. They never do that..... :crazy:

Morzoff, only you could break a leaf spring.

P.S. Tell the dealer where he can insert his spring.

I agree only my dumb Ass could break a leaf :lol: I should of measured a little better on that side :screwy:
The leaf I picked up has a part # 22188078
1 - 8

My buddy checked it with Fred Beane and it is a 2001 Z leaf

I want to Thank 00Shark (Mike)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,276 Posts
GMParts Direct is your friend.

GM PART # 22179020
CATEGORY: Rear Spring
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $569.27
OUR PRICE: $324.48
DESCRIPTION: SPRING Rear Z51 (FE3) Manual Transmission (MM6)

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm

If these guys are not supporting vendors, they should be.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,276 Posts
Jofu said:
<--- Oh they are

Geoff
Good - because I have used em for full brakes for $250. 4 rotors and pads & shipping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
971 Posts
Morzoff said:
I agree only my dumb Ass could break a leaf :lol: I should of measured a little better on that side :screwy:
The leaf I picked up has a part # 22188078
1 - 8

My buddy checked it with Fred Beane and it is a 2001 Z leaf

I want to Thank 00Shark (Mike)
I have done far more stupid manuvers on a repeated basis. Just ask Troy, who is rebuilding my last coil-overs. Broken Rear Top, Bent Spring, both lower bushings mushed.

However, breaking one these leaf spring takes some real talent. Did not know it could be done. First one that I have heard about.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top