Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost removed my BSM during x-mas... then my wife said she liked them so I left them alone...

Today (windy day here in S. Florida) she walks into the house and can't look me in the eye - finally admits that the wind caught her SUV door and sent it slamming into the Z, and that there is a big indentation and a spot with no paint!

It turns out the impact was 100% absorbed by the BSM, which took a pretty bad beating. :cool: :cool: Without them my guess is that the door would have cracked.

Guess I'll keep those babies on...

BTW, anyone know if I can order just one of the 4 pieces, painted, from a dealer? How tough to stick on (in the right place)?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Yeah you can order just the one piece. They do not come painted so your local paint shop can do it if your Dealer does not have a paint booth.. It's around $250 for all four pieces!! plus paint, Not sure what they go for individual though!! Use a grease pen to mark the location of the orginal so putting on the new one will be a snap!!!!!Best of luck:cheers: :cheers:-Jason

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Very easy to put on. Put a small piece of painters tape at each end to mark the old spot then just put the new one on in the same place.

However, I'm sure your dealer would remove the old and put the new one on without any additional charge if you buy and have him paint the new one. If I recall correctly when I ordered mine, each piece was about $75 painted and installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts