Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone get their car delivered with buff marks in the paint, my dealer denies buffing it before delivery, wonder if they are lying or it was buffed at Bowling Green....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine came the same way. I thought the dealer had done it when washing the car but my friends looks the same. Both EB 2002's. Tried swirl remover (not much help) then just went for the zaino.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had buff marks on just the rear quarterpanel. The dealer assured me that they didn't do it since I gave them explicit instructions not to detail or buff the paint.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Common only to EB??

Is this something that is only common to EB? I have a TR on order and will instruct the dealer to not remove the diapers until I arrive and to not detail the exterior, wash only. I will Zaino when it gets home.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Z06ROD, I suggest (from personal experience) To just have the dealer take the plastic off. Bring the car home, and wash it yourself. The water/sponges (most of the time brushes) that the lot boys use is something I wouldnt use on a military Hummer. Dont let them wash it, just my opinion. They might scratch it up. Just a thought. I helped the guy PDI my car. I took all the plastic off of the outside myself. I put the locking lug nuts, caps and plastic lug covers. Left the inside in plastic till I got home. Just a thought :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Thanks Andy.....

I think that is what I will do, just have them do the bare minimum and let me do the rest. I like doing those sort of things anyway...........

Rod

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
All Z's are potential factory buff candidates ... it just depends on how the paint job comes out from the painting process. Saw a black one that had major buff marks all over it. I could not find any buffing evidence on my EB. Its a car by car case :D.

So did the Zaino do the job for you guys?

·
Registered
764 Posts
HotRod,

I saw 2 new (just delivered) EB at a dealer the other day and they also had slight buff marks. I had a black Z and it also had slight buff marks. My guess is that the dark colors show this more clearly than the lighter colors. I would use some Zaino Z5 and if it's in the clear coat it should work it out. If it's in the blue base coat I am not sure of what could be done.

I consider this somewhat normal, in certain lighting conditions. Don't get too anal , nobody will notice but yourself! :)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Fanatical1 said:
I would use some Zaino Z5 and if it's in the clear coat it should work it out. If it's in the blue base coat I am not sure of what could be done.
These buff marks are always in the clear coat. It would take some serious power buffing to burn through the clear coat :D.

·
Registered
928 Posts
EB here,
The dealer where I purchased my Z is a serious Vette dealer. The general Manager collects Vettes. I don't know what they used to prep mine, but the paint was absolutely flawless. No swirl marks, no residue, just that radiant Electron Blue. Had half the lot walking admiring my car while transferring registrations and paperwork. Even the sales staff had not seen an EB car until that afternoon when it was brought out for the first time after delivery to the dealer.
Stan

·
Registered
178 Posts
My Electron Blue was delievered 10-25-01........no buff marks, and very few paint flaws, however being a Machinists, I am probally more picky than most.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
No buff marks here.

- Charley

1 - 14 of 14 Posts