Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The NCM just announced a new raffle. The winner will select the options and colors on their new 500 HP C6 Z06 along with the R8C Museum delivery option.

Their will only be 500 tickets sold. Each ticket is $500.

Call the Museum at 1-800-53-VETTE if interested.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Most excellent.
Thanks for the post Tony. I don't think these will last long.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Purchased mine already :D

Jack

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know I am going to get flamed here but I have to say it. I have no probelm at all with the NCM making some money to keep the dream alive but if this Z06 comes in at 70k the NCM stands to make 180 thousand dollars off this raffle. Were not curing cancer here. This is getting a little greedy I think. If you spend $500 on a ticket they should send some free tickets to get in or something. Let the flames begin. :) :) :)

P.S. Where is my credit card. :thumb:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
skfloydz06 said:
I know I am going to get flamed here but I have to say it. I have no probelm at all with the NCM making some money to keep the dream alive but if this Z06 comes in at 70k the NCM stands to make 180 thousand dollars off this raffle. Were not curing cancer here. This is getting a little greedy I think. If you spend $500 on a ticket they should send some free tickets to get in or something. Let the flames begin. :) :) :)

P.S. Where is my credit card. :thumb:
I agree. Raffles are held to raise money for a special cause (children with cancer and such). Is that the case here?

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Have you ever been to the NCM and seen what they have done to preserve the Corvette heritage. All of the money to keep this great place going is thru donations and fund raising. I pi$$ more than $500 away and think nothing of it or don't remember even what it went towards. A 1 in 500 chance of owning a new Z for $500, i'll take those odds any day. I buy every raffle ticket they sell during the year for their Vette give aways. Ask the people who win one if they think the NCM is gouging them. They are in the process of building on to the NCM to make it larger and better, that takes big $$'s. I know Zippy can explain better than i have, but IMO, it is a worthy cause. Is it a cure for cancer, no, but Vettes are near and dear to our hearts and the people who buy the raffle tickets, do it out of love for the Marque.

Jack

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Jack, I respect your opinion. I was only asking out of curiosity... I don't mean to offend anyone on this board. Also, you guys know more about the museum than I would know.

Alex

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
ZO6 AL-X said:
Jack, I respect your opinion. I was only asking out of curiosity... I don't mean to offend anyone on this board. Also, you guys know more about the museum than I would know.

Alex
No prob Alex, just trying to give a little insight on the NCM. I know Zippy will Chime in, he is the man, when it comes to answers about the workings within the NCM.

Jack

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sure is for a good cause, sure hope one the Z06Vette.com members win. It always gripes me when someone who doesen't no anything about anything wins :lol:

·
Registered
290 Posts
N/M I found it. We should do a Z06vette raffle for a new Z16 here on. 200$ if we can find 250 people do get on it. :coo:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Offering a raffle featuring the newest addition to Corvette’s family is quite exciting,” states NCM Executive Director, Wendell Strode. “The 1 in 500 odds make this a very special raffle, and combined with the limited quantity of Z06’s that will be available for purchase, this is one of the most exciting raffles we have ever offered.”
So which is it going to be?

20% total C6 produciton - or Limited Production forthe C6 Z06?

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We all have the freedom to choose which organizations and charities we support or if we support any at all. My primary choices, in no particular order, are NCM, American Cancer Society, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, American Heart Association. All of my choices have a personal basis and many of you know why I have chosen each. A $500 raffle ticket is definitely pricey but this fundraiser is for a pricey project -- the museum expansion. The raffle is only an option. Personally, Mrs. Zippy and I always have a fantastic time at museum events -- Corvette people are the greatest!

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Ok guys I can't really afford to spend that much money. Since Z06Wish didn't win last year, I want to be next on the list to be sponsored. I really, really, really, REALLY want this Z. So who is willing to buy me a ticket. Just one is all I'm asking for. :D

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
We could each contribute one dollar to buy a single ticket for the forum. This would help the cause. And if we win, we could make it the fest 'beater' car. We could each get a chance to 'drive it like we stole it' at the DE and the fest. Of course JC would get to keep the car. :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts