Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for knowledge...I have never built a block before, and looking to do it right..I will be dealing with Chris at East Coast ...The thoughts are to go with a stock Z block, with a stroker crank for 383 ci [increased torque] forged pistons, a mild aggressive cam, tweeking my Z heads....Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated...Will be upgrading to a ATI D1 blower and running 12 lbs of boost..Looking for about 675-700 rwhp maximum, i cannot see going past this point as i want reliability.... :cheers:

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Sell your LS6 heads for $800 and have ECS put in a set of AFR 205's with the large chambers (for lower CR).The AFR's are a much thicker deck and will help support higher boost levels in your goal for 700rwhp, not to mention add to your overall engine longevity. JMO.

Don

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
DB, if you're building a new block, don't forget to think about some other forged parts such as rod bolts, head bolts, heavy duty timing gears and chain, etc. Might as well bulletproof as much as possible!

Mike

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MikesZ06 said:
DB, if you're building a new block, don't forget to think about some other forged parts such as rod bolts, head bolts, heavy duty timing gears and chain, etc. Might as well bulletproof as much as possible!

Mike
WILL be going with forged rod bolts/head bolts......Also the HD timing chain..one thing i don't want is problems afterwards...

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
There is some good advice there. Don't forget about the clutch etc. Keep us posted :cheers:

·
Registered
967 Posts
dbvettez061 said:
Looking for knowledge...I have never built a block before, and looking to do it right..I will be dealing with Chris at East Coast ...The thoughts are to go with a stock Z block, with a stroker crank for 383 ci [increased torque] forged pistons, a mild aggressive cam, tweeking my Z heads....Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated...Will be upgrading to a ATI D1 blower and running 12 lbs of boost..Looking for about 675-700 rwhp maximum, i cannot see going past this point as i want reliability.... :cheers:
Sounds very similar to a setup I was looking at that Chris recommended to me. Rest assured, they've put quite a few of these together, so they know what works and what doesn't through experience.
I mentioned to Chris about the AFR heads also, and he did mention that money is best placed somewhere else, as they are questionable for the $$$ they cost over the tweaked LS6 heads. If you don't mind the extra $$ though, they wouldn't hurt.
Keep us updated with the build. I decided to go with a stroker motor from Chris, so I'm curious how much power your setup comes out to.
Rest assured, you’re in good hands with the ECS crew! :cheers:

·
Registered
378 Posts
dbvettez061 said:
...The thoughts are to go with a stock Z block, with a stroker crank for 383 ci [increased torque] forged pistons, a mild aggressive cam, tweeking my Z heads....Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated...
If you are going FI think about all stroke 382 with CARTEK Stage 2 or 3 heads/cam. :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog:

I got pretty good results with a CARTEK 382 and IC magnusson while leaving plenty on the table to keep it safe.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
B_P_fox said:
If you are going FI think about all stroke 382 with CARTEK Stage 2 or 3 heads/cam. :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog:

I got pretty good results with a CARTEK 382 and IC magnusson while leaving plenty on the table to keep it safe.
I can't wait to see this monster run at the track. :thumb:

Don

·
Registered
967 Posts
B_P_fox said:
An all bore would be better..... :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts