Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall recently reading somewhere where a guy was buried in his 84 corvette ( after he died ). Just looking for some comments on what you guys think of this? Good idea or bad idea and why?

------------------
QS/Black - Stock Z06
99 Z28
70 LT-1 T-Top
70 Z28 RS
Amish Buggy (1 H.P.)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I guess he did not want his wife to have the car.
I think a box is ok for me.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
906 Posts
My wife often threatened to bury me in my '89 Coupe. I had a set of FIKSE 5-spokes and 315s on the back... did not "let" her drive it due to concern over damage to wheel rims. BAD MISTAKE!!!! I had this Vette for 8 years... I'm surprised to still be alive. Got rid of it in '97 to save half of everthing I own from the divorce lawyers!!

I guess the fact that my wife of 20 years has a Concealed Pistol License & a S&W Airweight Bodyguard .38 Spl.... had NOTHING to do with selling the C4. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HarleyB

·
Registered
0 Posts
Amish,

I remember that. I think it was a white '84.

If I croak tomorrow, the wife would sell the car...she said her BF can't drive a stick!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif JK I hope /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Amish:

Yes, I think it is a good idea to be buried in your Vet (or any car for that matter) AFTER you die.

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif not afraid of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I would like to be buried in a corvette!
My wife says she is going to have me cremated
and take me for a ride in the ash tray instead.

The best choice is to be going down the road
with the top down and be raptured!
I Thessalonians 4:17

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Brent:

LMAO! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Welcome to this forum..you're gonna fit right in!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Red/Black Z

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Amish....
That occurred near Pittsburg,PA...believe the man was in his 70's. Was cremated,placed the Urn in the drivers seat...drained all the "body" fluids also from the car...bought 6 lots and down it went!!!Then encased it in concrete,to deter theft?:) All this happened I am thinking,like 6 months after this man died.....WOW!! What a waste!! I read the article then..I am wanting to say it had only 29 thousand miles on the odo....
Hub

·
Registered
0 Posts
I did an internet search and this is what I came up with.

In 1994, the cremains of 71-year-old George Swanson were placed in the driver's seat of his 1984 Chevrolet Corvette, which was then buried in Hempfield, PA.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

On 2001-03-18 14:48, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
I did an internet search and this is what I came up with.

<B>In 1994, the cremains of 71-year-old George Swanson were placed in the driver's seat of his 1984 Chevrolet Corvette, which was then buried in Hempfield, PA.

</B>
DAMN FRANK!!!!!!!! I wasn't tooooooo far off base with the memory I had of it!!:D Not bad for a 53 year old!!!!Man those days aren't shedding fast enough!!!! Only 127 more!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts