Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
NCM Delivery Staff
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the yearly thread on the burnout policy at the NCM...Do not do it. We just resurfaced the lot and we want it to be nice for more than a year.

You will not be warned if you do it here at the fest, you will be asked to leave as this is your warning.

Thanks!

Adam Boca

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Adam Boca said:
This is the yearly thread on the burnout policy at the NCM...Do not do it. We just resurfaced the lot and we want it to be nice for more than a year.

You will not be warned if you do it here at the fest, you will be asked to leave as this is your warning.

Thanks!

Adam Boca
No problem, Adam. Oh by the way, your sig is way over forum specs. Please modify.... :sneaky:

Mike

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Adam Boca said:

Thanks!

Adam Boca
We need to all Help Adam and NCM enforce these Rules.
Make sure you you do all your Burnouts while you are leaving and not arriving. That way the NCM Employee's will not have to take there valuable time to enforce this very important rule and ask you to leave. :p :p :lol:

Sorry could not resist a little early morning Humor.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Burnouts??

That's what the highways are for. :D

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Come on guys. Give em a break. You know they cannot condone or even allow potentially dangerous or damaging operation of a motor vehicle on their property. This is the litigation age we live in now. And I'm sure there are insurance liabilities to be considered also.
I'm sure Adam and everyone else at the NCM are all for fun and frivolity personally but have to consider all ramifications. :z:

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
There should be no warning. I would like to think that the members of this site are mature enough to refrain from burnouts in the MCM parking lot. But, there is always one bad apple .....yada yada yada...

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
New Blacktop! With no marks yet? :sneaky:

Just kidding. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
why do I feel the bad apples are the NE crew, they dont' call us the big apple for nothin...

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Adam,

You may want to stress that its not just that the NCM wants to keep the Black top nice looking. More importantly ITS A SAFTEY ISSUE in my book. Most, and yes, I said most vette owners and maybe I'm one of them, don't have a clue as to handle the the horsepower of these cars, both the Z06 and regular Vette. There is a big crowd in front of the NCM and a little bit of open pavement and they have to show off how cool they are by lighting up the tires. yea, real cool, to me it means your using crappy tires that don't have any grip.

I believe it was some idiot at a Corvette Forum event at the NCM that thought he was cool and did a burn out in front of the NCM and lost control and almost killed someone. (If I remember the details correctly)

Joe

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
If they want to burnout have them go to Beech Bend on Saturday and do it for real!!!! :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
Don, you :roll: I dont think your tires have ever spun in the rain :screwy: :roll: :rofl: :rofl:[/QUOTe
I don't try to spin my tires much anyway at $375 each for the rears I don't have the money to burn. You noticed I did not even spin them at the track. I have been thinking of extra wheels and drag radials. I'll see if I race more often.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts