Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm surprised that I have not seen this posted. I consider it to be huge. If it is a re-post than.....sorry. In the latest "Popular Hot Rodding" Cartek seems to have figured out why the C6 dyno's high but would not run with the 05Z. I must say it makes me feel good since it always seemed strange and I personally could not figure it out. Well, it seems that Cartek has figured out that the new C6 has an ignition agrithum that pulls lots of timing when shifting gears or on launch. This simple fix added 4-5 MPH. Faster than most stock Z's. If your a C6 owner there is alot of additional power. Get the Latest Mag or call Cartek. With headers and tires it went 11.50.

Bottom line is GM has Detuned the C6 to under perform against the Z.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Yea, they were playing the political game so they didn't pull an 01/02 thing again. That is why they put the cam profile in the C6 similar to the 01Z instead of the 02 and newer. The C6 has a torque management system that can greatly reduce power.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
:cheers: I have the magazine and I read it! And that is true, Cartek says the first c6 that ran did go 12s but then the production ones have that "problem" when shiffting gears, But you say power but its not technically power, If you were to Dyno, it would pull the claimed numbers, they say its when you shift or launch it cuts back to prevent spinning, I know of other cars for example Mercedes models, even when you turn off the T/C it still cuts off fuel to spot spinning. :ity: It runs low 13s @ 109 Cartek said before the fix and I dont have the article in front of me, but I believe Its 12.7s at 114 I believe, and with bolts on they took it to 11.50s, But it still puts the c5z in front by a tad, the c5z does 12.4 @116-117 bone stock, with DRs, 11s and full line of bolt ons , 11.3 and counting, I believe low low 11s is more like it for the full bolt ons on the c5z, and then not to mention handling, Regardless, 11.50s with just bolt ons, THAT IS AMAZING, it is right there with the c5 z06 , I just dont understand with they have that "problem" we're talking about, It makes it hard for those who want to keep the car bone stock but have it a true 12 second car like its meant to be, If that matters :cheers:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have the article in front of me....

Page 93

Back to the track with a tq re-program and a 160 deg therm.

12.389 at 117.11

STOCK. that is faster than my Z ever went stock. To me that is the same as any Z. Thats noe A/F tune. I have never seen a stock Z run above 117 with out an A/F tune. and if Power rangers was w/o A/F tune then money says he can drive the Cartek C6 120.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
RandyN said:

Page 93

12.389 at 117.11

STOCK. that is faster than my Z ever went stock. To me that is the same as any Z. Thats noe A/F tune. I have never seen a stock Z run above 117 with out an A/F tune. and if Power rangers was w/o A/F tune then money says he can drive the Cartek C6 120.
Didn't they have slicks on it, I've heard c5 z06 go 12.0 bone stock, even a VERY VERY few went 11.90, bone stock! So suggestion that the Cartek guys are the best, they would run a 12.0 with a z06 Bone stock! Which makes the z06 Quicker, but even then the c6 had slicks, the problem fix and tuned, which doesn't make it Bone stock by any means, an average driver on a z06 with Slicks goes into 11s otherwise stock! :pp:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
BTW, my BONE STOCK z06 with less then 200 miles on the odometer went 117.2 mph, in 80+ degree weather, the first time at the track, I had no idea how to drive it, I bogged and all , and hit rev limiter once or twice, the sounds almost unbelievable but its the truth and Im pretty sure I can keep trying it bone stock and it wont go any better the 117, but it will go 117, and Im not at all against the c6, I bought the magazine because I saw it on there, I am stating facts, thats all :drunken:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wrong..The car went 11.50's with ET streets. Read the article before you comment. This was not a tune. Read my post also. NO A/F adjustments.

117.16 puts this car with any Z06. Also my Z first pass ever at Moroso went 12.41 at 116. So, We all know that a tenth here and there is bullshit. Bottom line is this car goes 117.

Case closed.

I will even that with an airbox and a TUNE.....it will go 120 mph.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
RandyN,

READ IT AGAIN YOURSELF, ITS SAY 109 MPH STOCK,NOT 117 PERIOD, WHEN YOU MAKE A CHANGE ITS CALLED A MODIFICATION, NO MATTER HOW SMALL IT IS!

Ok, I dont know what ET streets are, I thought they were just like slicks, or at least sticky like Drag Radials! REGARDLESS, NOT STOCK, STOCk is Exactly how it comes from factory, not changing anything, changing tires doesn't count as BONE STOCK,

I read the article, that's why I commented, GO BACK AND READ IT AGAIN, IT SAYS IT RAN 13 SOMETHING AT 109MPH, DOESN'T IT??? READ IT AGAIN, Than means for some one like yourself that doesn't understand yet, that means it runs 13s in the 1/4 stock!! PERIOD!! So go read it againg until you understand it clear before you talk about it! :mah: A fact is a fact, you just say it yourself your z06 went 12.4s stock, so 12.4 is faster then 13, aint it? I thought it was, but then again I could be wrong because you also say that having ET streets is stock! So what about if you put ET Streets on your z06, wouldnt it go even faster then 12.4, then wouldn't make it faster then the c6! Just think about it again, I didn't mean any insult to you until you insulted me by telling me to go reading it again, I was being friendly, now I have to straight you out! So one more time lets go over the article, it says that the c6 goes 13 @ 109 stock, with a pro Cartek driver, so quiz, what does a bone stock c6 in the 1/4 run??

I'll be waiting on your answer, so then we can go over it slowy until you understand!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
RandyN said:
I'm surprised that I have not seen this posted. I consider it to be huge. If it is a re-post than.....sorry. In the latest "Popular Hot Rodding" Cartek seems to have figured out why the C6 dyno's high but would not run with the 05Z. I must say it makes me feel good since it always seemed strange and I personally could not figure it out. Well, it seems that Cartek has figured out that the new C6 has an ignition agrithum that pulls lots of timing when shifting gears or on launch. This simple fix added 4-5 MPH. Faster than most stock Z's. If your a C6 owner there is alot of additional power. Get the Latest Mag or call Cartek. With headers and tires it went 11.50.

Bottom line is GM has Detuned the C6 to under perform against the Z.
Good info :guiness:
Idiots at GM you better not do this to the C6Z :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
So...getting back on track...the ignition algorithim is the reason for the bogging on launches and between shifts.

I believe Ed Lingenfelter has said that there is torque management to protect the drivetrain.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
RandyN said:

Page 93

12.389 at 117.11

While you working out the math problem on paper, look at this you wrote it says "re-program and a 160 deg therm" isn't that a mod, so is that REALLY stock, you can say it is but its not completely from factory, so I can do something similar like that to compete with the c6, right? and quick question, because I dont have the magazine here(its 2.5 hours away a my condo), was that 12.3 with ET Streets or the stock tires from factory? I guess that's two questions on the first quiz! :ity:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you....

As I said STOCK it is de-tuned. STOCK it goes 13 something at 109 as timing is pulled. However, with out a performance tune and just by letting the car perform as it should we see the LS2 C6 runs 12.3 at 117. The point is that the GM has handicapped this car not to run at its potential since it is dead even or faster than the Z. I expected this as it would have dificult to sell existing Z's. Now hopefully next year the car is sold at true state.

Just to clarify your quote "but even then the C6 had slicks, the problem fix and a tune".

So your wrong. You re-read. 117 was with NO TUNE - (thats why the fan controller was used, they could not re-program the cars computer) and NO SLICKS. They slicks were used when the car went 11.50 with addition of ET Streets and Kooks headers.

So if you own C6 you should be real happy

Also, I never said that Carteks the best. The article just happens to reference them...SORRY!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Couto, your right in that I original said re-program.

lets not get into a pissing match and stick to the point.

As delivered the car goes traps 110

with the tq management disabled the car goes traps 117

Randy

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
RandyN said:
Thank you....

As I said STOCK it is de-tuned. STOCK it goes 13 something at 109 as timing is pulled. However, with out a performance tune and just by letting the car perform as it should we see the LS2 C6 runs 12.3 at 117. The point is that the GM has handicapped this car not to run at its potential since it is dead even or faster than the Z. I expected this as it would have dificult to sell existing Z's. Now hopefully next year the car is sold at true state.

Just to clarify your quote "but even then the C6 had slicks, the problem fix and a tune".

So your wrong. You re-read. 117 was with NO TUNE - (thats why the fan controller was used, they could not re-program the cars computer) and NO SLICKS. They slicks were used when the car went 11.50 with addition of ET Streets and Kooks headers.

So if you own C6 you should be real happy

Also, I never said that Carteks the best. The article just happens to reference them...SORRY!

ok , so Its clear now, you stated with the problem fix, it ran 4-5 mph faster then a stock z06, but it ran 117, and a stock z06 runs 117, at least mine a some other few did as well, I didn't state they were the best either, I assumed they would be as good as the best driver because that's their job! as far as your 12.4 at 116, thats better then mine 12.7 at 117, you show you know how to launch that z06 :thumb:

·
Registered
727 Posts
more importantly than is the C6 faster than the C5Z....etc etc etc, how simple is the fix to the C6???? Lets face it, there will always be a C5z faster than your C6 and there will always be a c6 faster than your C5Z...someones always got more money than you. For those that do move on to a C6...it would be nice to know the specifics of recalibrating the computer so that they can get everything out of their otherwise bone stock vehicle. Hopefully Cartek will come out with some sort of chip or hand held programmer so that those who have purchased a C6, dont have to bring their car in to the shop to have the fix done. If anybody has any additional info, besides the PHR article, Id be interested to hear it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
So that is why....

'By the numbers' the C6 should be just as quick as the Z in the 1/4 and I was wondering why it wasnt. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I probably should have omitted my comment on comparing the C6 to the Z. I see that this could be an area of tension. I just always thought with 25 ci and .5 more compression with the same head casings the motor was a little underated. Then when the dyno figures were posted it seemed odd that the car was trapping so low. I'm glad for all that have or are going to purchase a C6, that they can atleast realize the real power of the motor without any additional bolt-ons. I know that re-calibrating the PCM could be considered a mod, but to me, its still stock as long as the car retains all the physical oem parts. Basically......no bolt ons!

On my 87 T-type Regal, I used to disconnect the temp sending unit. The car would read ice cold. I got additional 2-3 lbs boost and would run almost .3 tenths faster. I still consider it stock. Yes..its not how the factory wanted the computer to operate, but still no bolt-ons.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts