Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new jack for the Z06, I am considering the AC and I am looking for any insights/info anyone may have on a good quality low profile jack. I know this has been covered before but I am trying to gather as much info as possible before I plunk down almost $400. Also, what about the jack pads that fit onto the car? What kind are you using?

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
I got two of these for Christmas. They are very low profile. Easily fit under the Vette. I could lower the Vette 2" and still be fine. :)

http://www.mytoolstore.com/omega/25025.html

I'm using pucks from LAPD. Yeah, I got lazy and spent some $$ on them, but they are very handy. No worries about messing up the car. A hockey puck would work fine as well, though, and with the jacks I have, you could easily fit it b/w the bottom of the car and the jack with room to spare.

They sent me some complimentary 2.5 ton jack stands with the jacks, so I now have 8 jackstands...I guess in case I ever get _really_ ambitious...or in case my cars all fall apart. ;)

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I was watching a jack similar to this being used at the track on a Z06, I was amazed at the simplicity. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
666 Posts
WA 2 FST said:
I got two of these for Christmas. They are very low profile. Easily fit under the Vette. I could lower the Vette 2" and still be fine. :)

http://www.mytoolstore.com/omega/25025.html

I'm using pucks from LAPD. Yeah, I got lazy and spent some $$ on them, but they are very handy. No worries about messing up the car. A hockey puck would work fine as well, though, and with the jacks I have, you could easily fit it b/w the bottom of the car and the jack with room to spare.

They sent me some complimentary 2.5 ton jack stands with the jacks, so I now have 8 jackstands...I guess in case I ever get _really_ ambitious...or in case my cars all fall apart. ;)
Wa, am I reading that correctly $157.95 for online purchase?? If so, I am ordering one today.......

·
Registered
555 Posts
I've seen lots of people use the Lincoln brand, is this Magic Lift jack as good? How much are the Lincolns anyway? For $157.95, the Magic Lift is a very good deal.

RT

·
Registered
386 Posts
I was thinking of looking for one of the jacks that works on air. Like an air lift.

I could then carry it with me with a space saver spare for long road trips.

Then you could use it with the Z06 air compressor to change the tire and pump it up!

Anyone seen these type of jacks anywhere?

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Guys,

It is $157 per jack + shipping. I'm very pleased so far with the quality. The jack is much heavier than what you're probably used to using, though...compared to a Craftsman or something smaller you'd find at a parts store. I believe the 90lb weight. ;)

Obviously a real NASCAR type jack will weigh _significantly_ less, but the cost is 5x as much, too.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wes,
Thanks for the input. Thats a nice looking unit for $157
JD

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
JWilson said:
Wow great price. I just ordered this pricey jack because of the super low profile as I plan on slamming my new Z.

Any of my brothers have this jack? How do you like it?

JOHN

Super lowpro jack
YES! THIS brother has the Griot's Garage super-low jack, and it is AMAZING. If you think these other jacks are low, then you haven't seen the GG's jack. Even with the lifting pad it's close to 2" high. Take the pad off, and it's only @ 1.5" tall. Go ahead -- measure 1.5" with your fingers, and that's how LOW this jack starts out. It is simply AMAZING.

The price is high, but then again, the whole lowness of this jack is simply invaluable. You'll be glad you went this route if you decide to drop the coin on it.

-Kirk

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the info on these jacks....I've been looking for a low profile jack, but did not want to pay over $500 for one. :cheers:

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
lincoln jacks now made in Taiwan?

http://www.hyjacks.com/H22.HTM

PLEASE NOTE due to Lincoln Automotive recently moving their operation to Taiwan we have stopped selling their products.
We are adopting a 'wait & see' stance and if they prove to be a decent tool we may again sell their line in the future - But for now, we don't.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts