Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

brand new member here...

I was supposed to sign contract on a 01' Z06 today, but the paperwork got held up for some reason so I wanted to get some advice.

This may be a good thing after all...

It is a 01' Z06 w/ 45k miles.

Silver w/ black interior.

Only mods I see are upgraded front slotted rotors.
Everything else is stock.
In excellent condition.
$29,827 is final price.

BUT, BUT, BUT....

There is another Z06 @ another lot that I am seriously considering now.

It is an 03' Z06 w/ 29,9xx miles

black on black w/ chrome Z06 wheels.

Mods done are:
Halltech Cold Air Intake
160 Degree Thermostat
ASP Underdrive Pulleys
Performance Cam (on mild side)
Borla Exhaust
Magnaflow X Pipe
Eradispeed Rotors
2004 Z06 Shocks
In very nice condition except a crack in front fascia on right side from getting too close to a parking block.
Final price $33,800.00

Please give any advice. I don't know whether to stick w/ 01 and demand a lower price, or get 03.

I really like the silver look more, but I will of course go w/ best value.

I am in Dallas, Tx and both are from dealerships.
Thanks for any help to keep me from being taken advantage of!!!

Thanks to all.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think I saw the exact same '03 on eBay. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6168&item=4532422109&rd=1

I think the price on this is excellent. Just note that there is some minor body damage on the nose, and I would be very curious as to why the price is so low. An '03 with that mileage should be mid-upper 30's, IMHO. Perhaps it has been wrecked and/or abused? Who knows, just make sure you do your homework. If it is clean, than I would jump on it. That's a great price for a modded '03.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup, that is it. I was also curious about the price, but supposedly came from a guy that had a new family member and had to trade accordingly...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just bought an 03 with 4000 miles for 34,000. I think I got a good deal. There are lots of low mileage cars out there. Shop around!!

DROID

·
Registered
882 Posts
Always buy the latest year, with lowest miles in black you can find. :)

My only concern would be the mileage but in Texas you can travel between your cities and easily do that in 2.5 years (plus a vacation or two). :eek::

If ebay is at $31,300 and he wants $33,800.00, perhaps you can get it for $32,000? How's the tires? They look good as far as I can see in the pictures. Any engine noise like some ticking? May be use that as a negotiation tool? :cool:

The mods alone are worth at least $4 thousand. Are the wheels chromed GM (look for the GM raised logo) or aftermarket? And the 'tear' can be fixed, as it is underneath, wouldn't be that critical and easy to match. :D

Did you pull a CarFax on both?

My vote if all checks good, is for the 03! Plus it is an anniversary year. :jammin:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Sent you a PM.

Don

Chirodan said:
Hi guys,

brand new member here...

I was supposed to sign contract on a 01' Z06 today, but the paperwork got held up for some reason so I wanted to get some advice.

This may be a good thing after all...

It is a 01' Z06 w/ 45k miles.

Silver w/ black interior.

Only mods I see are upgraded front slotted rotors.
Everything else is stock.
In excellent condition.
$29,827 is final price.

BUT, BUT, BUT....

There is another Z06 @ another lot that I am seriously considering now.

It is an 03' Z06 w/ 29,9xx miles

black on black w/ chrome Z06 wheels.

Mods done are:
Halltech Cold Air Intake
160 Degree Thermostat
ASP Underdrive Pulleys
Performance Cam (on mild side)
Borla Exhaust
Magnaflow X Pipe
Eradispeed Rotors
2004 Z06 Shocks
In very nice condition except a crack in front fascia on right side from getting too close to a parking block.
Final price $33,800.00

Please give any advice. I don't know whether to stick w/ 01 and demand a lower price, or get 03.

I really like the silver look more, but I will of course go w/ best value.

I am in Dallas, Tx and both are from dealerships.
Thanks for any help to keep me from being taken advantage of!!!

Thanks to all.....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don,

thanks, but I already have it narrowed down between the two posted and I will buy one tomorrow morning. I do think I am going to demand a price decrease if I go w/ the silver one though.

thanks anyway.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
When you say $29,827 is that the final price. Does that mean out the door with all Taxes and Fees? If not the price is way to high. The 2003 sounds like a much better deal.
2001's at any price don't do much for me. Way to many upgrades on the 2002's and up. :z:

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
03 sounds like a better deal. IF all checks out ok.

In todays market I would not pay over 26,000 for a 2001.

Give me the VIN and I can run a CARFAX for you.

Ivo

·
Registered
154 Posts
Beat em down on the 03 and grab that one. Better deal, but there are many out there with lower miles for just as good a price dollar for dollar.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Vin #

Thanks for your input guys...

EVO,

here is the vin # 1G1YY12S415107498

it is a 01' but the funny thing about it is that it has the "Z06 405HP" badges on the sides.

thanks for your help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
just a FYI that vette had the rings replaced. I don't know if thats because of oil consumption or what. But Iam a GM employee and I have access to GMVIS.

·
Registered
290 Posts
There is a supercharged 540hp 01 here on the forums for sale for low 30's. I would get that one or buy the 03 model. Post some pics if you get a chance. :usa:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DRE....

Thanks for that info... I was wondering about that.

Anyway, I paid 28k for the car plus TT&L. I just couldn't get over the silver color.... its my favorite.

The car is in really great shape and only changes were silver star headlights, a shorty antenna, and a different shifter handle.

Anways, thanks again and I guess I am part of the crew now.

see ya...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts