Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help...
I have many questions.........
1. How is HP tuners customer service? No phone scares me.
2. When ordering on-line, I do not see an option for LS6 motors, just LS1
3. Do I need the upgraded IO connection vs. the standard?
4. Do I need the 1 bar speed density option?
5. If I order tomorrow or tonight, how long will it take to ship to the Pittsburgh area?

Thanks upfront.........John

·
Registered
102 Posts
1. Customer service is great if you use their support email. Ive never called them. There are plenty of forums that also help such as the HPtuners forum and the LS1Tech.com forum.

2. They dont licence the tuner via Motor type or VIN, you buy basically two car/model years. Such as if you buy 2001 and 2002 corvette, you can program/tune ANY 2001/2002 vette regardless of motor type.

3. You only need the upgraded EIO cable if you have a wideband or plan on using a wideband o2 sensor.

4. You only need the 1 bar speed density if you are boosted and are pushing past the MAF limits and want to run the car on SD mode

5. They have a distributor in the Chicago area, I believe you will have it in a few days.

Dixit

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dixit,
Thanks for the info. I did receive the software on Saturday. I do have a question. I plan on having the car dyno tuned using my HP software and laptop. I did not buy the EIO cable. I know my local speed shop will want to tune with a wide band. Can I still use the wide band when I dyno tune the car even though I do not have the EIO cable?

John

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sure you can. The shop will probably have the wideband hooked up to their dyno computer and the A/F ratio will chart on the dyno chart. This is fine. You can still tune it with your HPTuners.

The EIO Cable is if you have a wideband installed on your car and you want those reading to be read directly by the HPTuners software and what to see those readings in their scanning tool. This is great if you are street tuning.

Dixit

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would get a wideband and EIO when time/wallet permits. If you're like me, you bought the software for 2 reasons:

1. Get rid of automatic shift (worth the $500 IMO)
2. Tune more power.

The 2nd really requires a wideband for WOT to do it right since the stock O2's don't off-stoich well. It's also worth the piece of mind to me knowing that I'm not getting too lean when I'm tweaking around on it.

John.

·
Registered
267 Posts
When you go in for the dyno tune, see if they do a scan log tune also. After the dyno, hook up a laptop and take a 20 minute run logging on HPT software. When you analyze this data and retune you will make the accel/decel, idle, low and midrange rpm response better as well. If they do not do it, that should be your next project. The dyno tune takes care of WOT and is great for drag racing. The scan tune is great for city driving, autocrossing and track events.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Dixit said:
4. You only need the 1 bar speed density if you are boosted and are pushing past the MAF limits and want to run the car on SD mode
Negative. 1 Bar = 0 (total vacuum) to 14.7psi (1 atm). So, 1 Bar is for an NA car. 2 Bar would let you boost to 14.7psi, (-14.7psi to 14.7psi, gage).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts